buzzing.... on drivers side of the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buzzing.... on drivers side of the car?

Ever since i've owned my '87 there has always been this electrical type buzzing sound. Its on the drivers side of the car but I can't exactly pinpoint it just from listening. Does anyone know what this could be? I know my antenna i broken off, could it be the motor? What do you guys think? Thanks, Dave
    E30 Dinan Turbo

Fuel pump: does it come from the rear or front of the car?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

hmmm... to me it seems like its comin anywhere between the middle to the rear. Def. not in the front though. Like i said its hard to pinpoint it. But i can hear it when i'm sitting in my car with the window down. If it is the fuel pump what could this mean?
      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

The fuel pump always buzzes you should here it under the rear seat area. Maybe check the rubber mount on it as it might be ld cuasign the pump to vibrate more that it is supposed to.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Ya mine buzzes has been for a long time.

Sold it.

Comment

thanks man... yeah now that i think about it the sound does seem to be coming from the area you are describing.... i have to check it out. Thanks again.
            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

i had my antenna motor keep buzzing all the time, you can pull off the trunk linning and disconnect it. there is a connector right at the motor with a white and red wires.

hope that helps

-Cam
              Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

I thought it was the fuel filter that did the buzzing.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

fuel filter only filters the fuel, it could cause a buzzing but does not buz itself as it is only a filter. it *could* cause a buzzing by being plug and putting a strain on the fuel pump, which would buzz as it has a higher strain causeing it to run harder and put out more pressure to push though the clogged fuel filter. which would lead to a burnt out fuel pump.

-Cam
                  Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X