m20 IVC problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 IVC problem?

Hello, im from Sweden and ive got a problem with my m20b25, car has been standing still for like 6 months and after that time i have changed alot of parts, headgasket, timing belts, waterpump, spark plugs,camshaft seal, fuel filter. Battery disconnected when doing all this ofc.

It runs good on idle with the IVC connected, but when you rev the engine it goes up and down in revs..

If i inplug IVC connector the engine revs normally.

Engine runs rich on fuel and i belivie its alot.. when i rev it standing still, it works fine without the IVC connected but when i drive it for example first gear and gas pedal to the bottom it starts to cough/cut..

i have tested with another IVC (still the same) I have cleaned mine properly and it worked before.. so i dont think IVC is the problem here. I also tried with another TPS, still the same problem unless this tps is bad also?. i cleaned the afm and throttlebody.

Anyone has an idea? Before i did all this the timing on the engine was off with 1-2 clicks.. And the car was running alright but it didnt have any power unless you were at high rpm. The camshaft is not the best condition either.

I checked the spark plugs and they are black, so it gets to mutch fuel?
    Last edited by molna; 06-13-2017, 06:19 AM.

I have seen some threads with almost the same problem, but no one ended up telling what solved the problem.

updated with some more info, havent been motivated to work on the car atm, but im slowly getting motivation back now. I try again and hope anyone here had the same problem and could lead me the right way.

Im thinking problem could be
    *ecu
    *fuel pressure regulator
    *injector
    *blue temp sensor
    *C191 connector
    *afm

What do you guys think would cause this problem? Car seems to be in limp mode or something?

Comment

How many miles on the car?
      Did you do a compression test?
      How long has it been since the injectors were cleaned?
      Are there any engine modifications?
      Sounds like a vacuum leak or fuel supply issue.

Comment

Smoke test? This sounds like a leak. What you have listed are pretty much what I would be checking.
        Any Stomp test and any code, btw?
        Current:
        '88 325ic Silver 5sp
        '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
        '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
        '06 325i Black 5sp
        '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
        '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
        '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Working...