Idle Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Problems

My 86 eta began idling at 3k rpm so I dug around and have replaced the ICV, and the Cold Start Valve, but it sitll is at a steady 3k, how can I test the ICM? Is there anything else that could be causing this?

checked the AFM? Edit vacumn leaks?
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

No obvious vacum leaks, I checked all the connections to the afm, they are all fine

Comment

A high idle will be a bad icv, intake leak, or sticking throttle body. You've already changed the ICV, so an intake leak of sticking throttle body are where you should be looking now.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i just cleaned my ICV, MAF, and messed with the TPS and swiveled it around but i couldnt get it off. I sprayed brake cleaner and throttle body cleaner into my throttle body. Now my car idles at 2k. Is it possible that the throttle body needs to be lubed up with wd40 or something to bring my idle back down?

Comment

have you checked your TB set screw
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Well, Ive replaced the ICM now and it is still idling at 3k, anyone have any idea?s

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                have you checked your TB set screw

Comment

The temperature switch at the front of the motor, make sure it idles the same with it plugged in as it does if you unplug it.

Check the fuse for the ICM and ICV... In fact, just replace them.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

check the wires going to the ICV. Sometimes the heat will make them deteriate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                      check the wires going to the ICV. Sometimes the heat will make them deteriate.
                      Damn, that was it, after I replaced everything else lol

Now, does anyone have a a wiring diagram for it?

Comment

Working...
                      X