Bunch of questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch of questions..

Alright guys. Please bear with me here. Im a Volvo guy from volvospeed..and am picking up a 1989 325is with:
    "The car is the IS model so figure all the M-Tech valances, spoiler lip rear and side valance are in EXCELLENT condition (if you know these cars this is a PLUS)"

So its got the M20 and a 4 speed auto. Does it come stock with a LSD?

I want to buy the Rieger roof spoiler and Rieger Infinity Lip Spoiler. Is the roof spoiler similar to this?:
    / Does anyone have it on their car?

Will the Infinity lip fit on the IS bumper?

Here is where I found both pieces: http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e30.htm
    Anyone ever buy anything from them? The prices seem pretty damn good.

What type of power should it make to the wheels? Tuning/ Chips. Any reccomendations?

Springs? I want to lower it as much as possible. I would like to be able to tuck a nice set of dished 16s with some stretched tires. Any reccomendations to a set of springs that will get me a nice, solid drop and be ok for the track? How about strut bars?

My plans for the car are to make it a fun, lightweight car that makes OK power. I figure it will be light enough that if I can get 160-190 whp it will move pretty well. The car is going to be painted Satin Black, 15% black tint and either all black wheels with a small red lip or black with a full polished lip.

Going to pull everything except the seats and dash. Going to go with side exit, straight pipes and if possible a projector/ HID retrofit and Hella smoked Ellipsiods, also from Abrams Motorspots. (Anyone here done this before?

Once I get it looking the way I want and the engine work is done, I will put in some lighter racing seats.

Thanks
    -Brandon
    -Brandon-
    2008 Sunlight Silver Subaru STi- full bolt ons and alky on stock turbo
    2007 Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed 3- fully modded 4th gear tire shredder!
    1997 e36 Technoviolet-Metalic M3- Stock.. and keeping it clean

abraham motorsports is a sponsor, and nothing but good feedback. Possible spring/shock combos that are popular are Ireland Engineering stage III with Konis, turner motorsports j-stock, or complete ground control coil over.

Volvospeed arcade is the best!

Good luck finding black dished 16"s that fit right. Might want to consider 15's and get the Ronal LS.

Keep and eye out on the f/s forum for either US or Euro ellipsoids , then throw a prolumen hid kit in.

Search and prosper. Post lots of pics of everything you do, and prepare for some hating about the stretched tires.

I like the satin black idea.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
      abraham motorsports is a sponsor, and nothing but good feedback. Possible spring/shock combos that are popular are Ireland Engineering stage III with Konis, turner motorsports j-stock, or complete ground control coil over.

Volvospeed arcade is the best!

Good luck finding black dished 16"s that fit right. Might want to consider 15's and get the Ronal LS.

Keep and eye out on the f/s forum for either US or Euro ellipsoids , then throw a prolumen hid kit in.

Search and prosper. Post lots of pics of everything you do, and prepare for some hating about the stretched tires.

I like the satin black idea.
      ahahah.. yea the arcade is very entertaining and stretched tires get flamed like a religion in the volvo crowd too..:hitler:

you guys have way better smilie faces though..

What about tuning/chips? Most of the stuff for Volvos are all $600+ Ecu remapping/custom tuning. Everything I have come across is -$250 but does anyone have any suggestions? My setup will be pretty much just a set of straight pipes and higher octane. I would like to run whatever I have to in order to get the most out of the engine. Any idea to what sort of whp people are getting and some suggestions as far as injectors or cams, etc?

Thanks for the help so far..
      -Brandon-
      2008 Sunlight Silver Subaru STi- full bolt ons and alky on stock turbo
      2007 Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed 3- fully modded 4th gear tire shredder!
      1997 e36 Technoviolet-Metalic M3- Stock.. and keeping it clean

Comment

All iS cars came with a LSD.
        1995 Porsche 993 6 speed
        2001 BMW M3 6 speed - DD
        2001 BMW 530iA Sport - Hers
        2005 KTM 450EXC 6 speed

Gone:

1988 BMW M3 2.5 EVOIII Clone
        1988 BMW 325is x2
        1985 BMW M635CSI 286hp
        2001 KTM 400MXC