Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Bimmerworld now sells the Pro Race 1.2 I believe...Then there's the 1.3 which seems to offer great BBK compatibility.
    The 1.3 looks interesting. Both lighter and cheaper than the 1.2 from what I can tell. Have you been able to test one of these yet?

My kit barely clears the Bimmerworld 1.2 wheels using 11.75" rotors and your old Outlaw 4000 calipers (outside radius = 168.7mm), which have very slightly better clearance than the Wilwood Forged Billet Superlight (outside radius = 169.9mm).

If the 1.3 wheels have any less room than the 1.2's, it would make for a pretty tight fit.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Here are some pics. Outlaw 400 calipers with 11.75" diameter 0.81" thick rotors. Wheels are TDR Pro Race 1.2 in 15x7" ET25 no spacers.

Very tight fit.
      sigpic
      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I was reported from Matthew in Canada that the 280mm kit fits Ronal's ACT LC wheels very well. Another win for the Street kit... Don't be fooled by its name, it's also a track kit with the appropriate B compound pads.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I was reported from Matthew in Canada that the 280mm kit fits Ronal's ACT LC wheels very well. Another win for the Street kit... Don't be fooled by its name, it's also a track kit with the appropriate B compound pads.
          This is correct. This kit is awesome. Pics to follow tonight.

Comment

Sport kit fits with Team Dynamics 1.2's. Tons of room behind the spokes but it is close around the barrel of the wheel.

sigpic
            '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Hey Jeff

There's no problem with shaving a few mm off the tips of the calipers, where they are cose to the rim. These are totally non-structural areas.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Will they fit?

Any idea if the Big Brake Kit will fit the following? This is the 4 lug setup 16"

Comment

Hey Jeff
                  There's no problem with shaving a few mm off the tips of the calipers, where they are cose to the rim. These are totally non-structural areas.
                  Lee
                  I ground them down a little bit more after I took this picture. There is about a 1" section of the barrel right by the spokes that is a smaller diameter, I think with the spacers it will push the wheel out just enough to where the caliper will clear that section
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
                    Any idea if the Big Brake Kit will fit the following? This is the 4 lug setup 16"
                    print out the template and check. http://www.massivebrakes.com/kits/e3...300/21/318-325

btw, there are 3 different kits.
                    sigpic

Comment

Late but as promised pictures of street kit fitment with Ronal LS 15x7.5 et25 I am running one of Lee's 3mm spacers also for tire to strut clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmatt View Post
                        Late but as promised pictures of street kit fitment with Ronal LS 15x7.5 et25 I am running one of Lee's 3mm spacers also for tire to strut clearance.

thnx for the pics!!!!!....

.is the spacer on in the pic where the tire appearsrightnexttothestrtube?...maybe you should go w/ a 5mm for deflection under hard track use.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Ya thats with the spacer, the picture is sort of an allusion though. There is more room than it appears in that picture.

Comment

Just did a very quick check with the TRM 15x8's over the Massive Sport kit. They would require significant grinding of the corner of the caliper for them to clear the barrel. Didn't get it seated on the hub to check spoke clearance.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's what I thought about the TRM. I guess they are good wheels, and affordable, but not really designed toward BBKs like some other track wheels are.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Installed the street kit this weekend.
                                Fits Kosei K1's 15X7 et27 no problem.
                                Also fits Borbet Type H 15X7 et 45 without issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X