m30 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 rebuild

So I got another m30 motor cause I'm a horder. Anyways the m30 i got was seized. Im gonna rebuild it put a fresh head with a nice cam and some hd rockers and what not. The problem comes to the block. Its got some scoring and rust on the walls from being seized. When i get it refreshed would i be just decking and honing it or boring it.01 over and putting in a over sized piston. problem 2 comes with over sized pistons i cant find any but oem which are 170 a piece. for that I might as well get some forged turbo pistons

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

BavAuto has these: B1251735942N

I can't get the page to link but you'll find 'em. $670 for the set, rings included.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

If you end up needing pistons whether you decide on an N/A or boosted build, we can do anything you need size and compression wise.

BMW performance chips tuned by Miller Performance. Home of the BEST BMW chip, the WAR Chip, Miller Performance is one of North America's leading BMW performance tuners offering a line of software, BMW turbo and BMW supercharger kits. Call us toll free 855 269 8863

For N/A we have a nice 10.5:1 compression piston and cam combo that has made 260 WHP and 270 WTQ

Food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
        BavAuto has these: B1251735942N

I can't get the page to link but you'll find 'em. $670 for the set, rings included.
        hmmm those are VERY interesting I might use those
        Originally posted by brody View Post
        If you end up needing pistons whether you decide on an N/A or boosted build, we can do anything you need size and compression wise.

BMW performance chips tuned by Miller Performance. Home of the BEST BMW chip, the WAR Chip, Miller Performance is one of North America's leading BMW performance tuners offering a line of software, BMW turbo and BMW supercharger kits. Call us toll free 855 269 8863

For N/A we have a nice 10.5:1 compression piston and cam combo that has made 260 WHP and 270 WTQ

Food for thought.
        Hey brody Im going to pm you

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
        X