Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto to 5spd swap+ Late Model Part out in VA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! Sounds like you might be one of our experienced members. I spoke with Dan, who gave me a pretty reasonable estimate if i brought him both cars to do the swap. It was pretty fair, so if I get stuck or lazy or cold, its nice to know I can go that route but I definitely will be parting out the rest of the car to recoup some of the loss.

I snapped some pics for you local guys who would likely have dibs on any parts! Found some bonus goodies in the car like the cupholders and a euro plate filler!! (keeping both!)

What parts do you guys think are worth anything?

What even are these? LOL

Last edited by quanaman; 01-03-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Enkei compe wheels. Look on the inside to see what size they are. I'm going to guess 15x8s.

Also, the interior looks pretty good. Non-cracked dash can bring in some good money. Someone might want that aftermarket muffler. I think you could make some decent money back.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      1989 325i S50 swapped
      2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Well damn! had an appointment to pick up some cheap bottle caps for the car, and ended up making a trade for the Compe wheels. You were correct, they were 15x8. I also ended up selling the tail lights, optima battery, and trunk roundel for a little bit of cash!

If anyone local wants to swing by to see it or remove any parts, Let me know!

Again, all I am interested in really is the manual swap parts (including boot and knob). Other than that the rest of the car is available, whole or parts.

Comment

You should pull the cup holder in the front console. An old R3v member used to sell them on here and now he sells them on ETSY. They go for $90.

I have one in my car and I love it. Its a great place to put your phone as well.

Shop Custom Decals and More by NimbleDecals located in Elk Grove, California. Smooth shipping! Has a history of shipping on time with tracking. Speedy replies! Has a history of replying to messages quickly. Rave reviews! Average review rating is 4.8 or higher
          1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
          1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
          September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
          Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Thanks for the info man! It seemed to look familiar, now I remember I had seen it a looong time ago here on R3v. I was planning to pull it and keep it for my vert, but it has a Husco armrest with cupholders!

It'll be for sale!

Comment

Alright everyone, I listed the car on panjo, not sure why it didnt go in the classifieds section as well.

Willing to part this thing out or sell it with whats left for the right offer. I only need the 5spd swap.

In any event, almost anything and everything is for sale. Locals have priority.

Items not available: Entire 5spd swap (center console, shift knob, boot, trans, driveshaft

List of good parts as I can recall is below, There are many more. PM me for requests. Willing to make package deals especially for locals. Cash talks!

Interior:
              -Seats (comfort) are all in good shape-450 for front and rear
              -Dash in good shape-150 (two very small blemishes, you remove it)
              -Door cards in good shape-150 for all four
              -Carpet in decent shape-50
              -hvac panel-40

Exterior
              -Doors $50 each complete but without door card
              -side mirrors 20 each

Engine
              -Entire engine available. Not sure on price, but will be cheap if you pull my trans for me.
              -MSD Digital 6AL ignition-125

Sold items
              -Tail lights
              -trunk roundel
              -wheels
              -rear bumper
              -Cup Holders
              Last edited by quanaman; 01-10-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I'll take the bumper. Sending a PM.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

PMs replied, bumper is pending. Still lots of parts (literally everything) available...

Comment

I would like to buy the carpet. I live in Williamsburg I could come to pick it up. Not sure if I have enough posts to pm... email is samuraidan@cox.net

EDIT: pm'd

Comment

messages replied. I will try to get better and more pics of the car for everyone tomorrow!

Still almost the entire car left... I want to part this thing quickly and get to swapping my vert to manual!

Comment

Took a bunch more pics. Rear bumper is gone.

Interior/Dash:

Two small cracks

HVAC panel

Cluster

Driver's knee panel

Headliner:

Seats:

Door Panels

Driver's door panel is the only one with small blemish:

Engine:

Exterior

Comment

Have some folks coming by this weekend to get some parts. All are welcome.

Comment

Are the clips that hold the front grill on still good?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                            1989 325i S50 swapped
                            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Sorry, the front grill/hood/headlights have all been damaged and are not salvageable.

Sorry for the delay for all those who PM'd me. The car is finally back at my place so i can start cataloging and taking pics of the items requested.

Comment

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
                                Sorry, the front grill/hood/headlights have all been damaged and are not salvageable.

Sorry for the delay for all those who PM'd me. The car is finally back at my place so i can start cataloging and taking pics of the items requested.
                                All I need are the clips that hold the headlight grill and center grill to the top of the core support. Are they still there? I just put my car back together this past weekend and I lost them.
                                1989 325i S50 swapped
                                2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Working...
                                X