Calling Audi Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    Still a few years before you can import those. For those without the RS2 budget, you can get a 80 Avant and build one yourself.
    And they'll be worth a fortune and have been rodded for 25 years…

This guy in Atlanta is building his own essentially from scratch…incredible detail of all the steps. He imported an identical S2 shell from Germany, as well as most of the parts.
    First of all I would like to thank the S2forum and all the people who contribute to it daily for helping. Having been a semi-lurker here for several years now and I

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	7177402

Name:	DSC03097.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	7177404

Temporary wheels until he has it finished..

Name:	1_WP_20150426_14_54_31_Pro.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	7177403

Comment

Back from the dead/necro bump.

I am probably buying an 04 Quattro 1.8t S-Line with the 6 Speed manual today. Its in above average condition with a few cosmetic miscues. And it has 195K on the ticker. But, carfax revealed it has had the engine (long block), flywheel, clutch, coolant flange, water pump, timing belt, etc changed at 139K. I checked for sludging on the new engine and it looks good under the valve cover. Going to need a new catalytic converter, alignment, some small paint repair, front and rear bumper refastening (like all of them), headliner and the airbag recall completed. And the ride quality is great. Has billies on it. Interior in great shape.

Its supposed to replace my wife's 2000 2.slow Jetta. I have done so much work to that car that I am comfortable working on VAG products now.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Current DD, '04 A4 3.0, just shy of 100k on the clock;

Added a Dieselgeek skid plate, other than that it has some minor cosmetic issues I want to address, but is a comfortable winter vehicle.
        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Picked it up last night. It's a nice car, peppy and a good ride.

Sent it off the mechanic to get a quick and dirty about what is wrong with this car:
          • Radiator is bad
          • Missing front motor mount
          • Brakes need some love
          • One A/C line was bent a bit but it still blows coldish
          • Rear O2 Sensor
          • ABS light is on
          • Airbag light is one (this is subject to the Takata recall and it needs to be replaced)
          • Short shifter bushings are worn
          • Headliner needs to be replaced
          • Headlight o-rings need to be replaced (to prevent fogging)
          • Rub out some scuff marks all over the car
          • One dent on the right rear wheel arch

I am probably going to start a build thread in our forums here only because I am not part of any Audi forums at the moment and you guys just love tech, no matter what.
          Last edited by marshallnoise; 01-30-2017, 05:30 PM.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
          X