Position 3 Users, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
    I just wish I'd have to spend less time explaining my reasons, and more time getting answers to the original questions I asked.
    I think the problem is that no one has the answers. I don't remember ever seeing anyone on r3v running the clutch fan. So you might just have to try it out and see what works.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I'm tellin you. The easiest way will be to notch the rad support and move the rad AND the motor forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
        Why does this always happen on this forum? All I wanted was answers not criticisms. You do your shit your way I'll do mine my way.
        Probably because the kid with no motor swap experience who has a habit of being stubborn came on and asked a question and then argued against the answers given by people with good, relevant info.

Rather than copping 3 pages of incredulous badgering about why you're not running an electric fan you could have posted up a more comprehensive answer to the first time it was asked, negating any further questioning (even though it is 100% justified).

Notching the subframe or spacing the steering rack all to run a clutch fan is so far out of the ballpark of Righttown it's almost in Wrongville with Whatt18yahoo and his Down Syndrome E34. Good on you for building an accurate 333i replica, but there are times you should make concessions to the modern era, especially when notching anything is such a dangerous, tricky thing for someone who doesn't have any fab experience to do. People were trying to help you, dude. They were trying to use their experience to provide you with an easy, cheap and "better engineered" solution. That's not all that bad is it? At least you don't have 5000 people coming into your threads to call you a chicken fucker.

Sorry Andrew, I think this is 100% FUBAR.
        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Oh. Is this to reproduce an Alpina? Sorry - I've been out of the loop.

I'd be REALLY surprised if alpina notched a subframe - but they been known to do some stuff that some people consider hacky.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

But would they have notched it today when electro fans are cheap, easy to source and work better than a clutch fan..?

If the car has to be THAT authentic, maybe you should not let anyone in the car who isn't caucasian? Appartheid was a big deal in Seth Effrika back in those days.

PS: watch out for a couple of LA policemen by the name of Riggs and Murtagh. I hear they have a thing against Seth Effrikans.
            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Does the alpina car have a clutch fan?
              How did they do it?

^Serious question.

Comment

You know the 333i block is actually stamped 3,5 , not 3,3 don't you?

333i guff here:

Note how fucken awesome it looks on 16" alpina's and '86 M-tec I skirts.

And one for sale:

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  Does the alpina car have a clutch fan?
                  How did they do it?

^Serious question.

I think it does. They used a custom radiator that was super thin IIRC.
                  I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                    I think it does. They used a custom radiator that was super thin IIRC.
                    Yea it had a slim radiator that they manufactured for it.

The 333i had an electric fan and did have 3.3 on the block. But I'm not literally making an exact replica, I'm customizing it to my likes but modeled after the 333i, so certain things won't be the same.

And Jean that particular owner has the finest example of a 333i. It's awesome!
                    Last edited by Japandrew73; 03-12-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Did you ever figure out what you're doing with the firewall?

Feedback

Comment

Why is this thread so annoying to me?
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Because he ignores good advice?

Comment

Because you know how good the car COULD be.
                            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                              Because you know how good the car COULD be.
                              But never will because of his stubbornness.

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

idk, but it's not just you.

Comment

Working...
                                X