Census 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrhaile View Post
    Only answered who many people live in my house and sent it in.

Remember, the government only has the right to COUNT, not ask personal questions like names, phone numbers, race, etc.

I did the same.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
      I did the same.
      Me too!

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
        If they don't get a response from your address, they will start calling you. If you don't answer, they'll send somebody to your door. It's best to answer if you don't want the hassle. They can fine you in the end too. That's our government at work for you.

It is technically unconstitutional for the census to be anything more than a head count. Historically, that rule has been broken for many years.

I suggest you answer as follows:
        Head count, give the correct number
        Names, well, I don't see how you can get around this.
        Phone: Give them your business phone or a bogus one, they don't need it.
        Race: American (or Human). You have to select Other first and then write it in.
        Birth date. Well, probably give them the correct date. But you could be creative if you want to be.

There really is no legitimate reason to need your race. That's the one that pisses me off the most. What does it matter? If I'm Hispanic, do I count as two or something?

The age is actually somewhat reasonable given that they only do this once per year so the age information helps them project what the numbers will be 10 years from now. But they don't need your actual birth date, just your age.

The one question that is missing is this:
        Are you a legal US citizen?
        I guess they don't care about that part...

Anyway, it's total bullshit.
        They can call all they want. We don't have house phones and are cell phones are out of state numbers, so that may confuse them. I also have a clearly posted no trespassing sign. But those don't always work. I'll gladly except the fine. I won't pay it. And if they want to issue a tax lean to get their money, that's fine too. I don't pay taxes. All my work is off the books. I have filled them out before, but as I said, I am not a resident here and I will only be here for two years. So this sad excuse for a state doesn't deserve my results.
        Originally posted by jrhaile
        For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

I filled out mine, New Mexico can use any help they choose to provide.
          1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
          1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
          1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

I did not fill mine out at all, maybe the wife did, I dunno
            -Andy

Comment

I filled mine out. Under the portion where it said "race" with the fill-in option, I wanted to write ALMS or F1.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Me three. I Answered every question though, with "NOYB" on each answer space after the count.

Comment

The census is pretty much like a roll call. Just answer when your called. A lot of fear monger's out there are creating problems where there weren't any before.
                  You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
                    They can call all they want. We don't have house phones and are cell phones are out of state numbers, so that may confuse them. I also have a clearly posted no trespassing sign. But those don't always work. I'll gladly except the fine. I won't pay it. And if they want to issue a tax lean to get their money, that's fine too. I don't pay taxes. All my work is off the books. I have filled them out before, but as I said, I am not a resident here and I will only be here for two years. So this sad excuse for a state doesn't deserve my results.
                    You sound like a valuable member of society. Keep leeching off of everyone else, I'm sure they love you too.

Scum.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I've used mine as a sighting in target:p

Comment

^ I think I might like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwegiandane View Post
                          The census is pretty much like a roll call. Just answer when your called. A lot of fear monger's out there are creating problems where there weren't any before.
                          Yes, it is supposed to be just a roll call. Raise your hand and be counted. However, based on the questions on there, they intend to use it for more than that.

It isn't fear mongering. It is questioning the authority of government to do something that is outside the bounds of their mandate. If it is that important to know what my birthday is or where my ancestors come from, then get it into the constitution and get it ratified. Otherwise, they can stuff it.

It's a question of fighting the increase in the Federal governments power. Seems to me, it should be something that liberals stand behind. They are the ones who clamor about questioning authority. But I guess since a bong and unshaven bodies are not involved, then it isn't cool enough.

I'm not advocating not answering. I'm just advocating that they have no right to ask the questions that they do.
                          1987 E30 325is
                          1999 E46 323i
                          RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                          oo=[][]=oo

Comment

How dare they attempt to keep track of the demographics of the countries population! Who do they think they are, trying to be all statistical like with age groups and such? None of that information could be at all relevant in future decision making! I'm not filling out that form because then the government will have all sorts of secret information that is also already available on your birth certificate, drivers license, social security record, passport, credit history and probably Facebook profile.

Back off, Obama! Do your job!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

good thing we spent all that money putting on ads begging people to answer.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

census humor por favor?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/141553/sat...nsus-cold-open

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=23764950

Comment

Working...
                                X