X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
    EDIT:

Thats fucking cheap!
    One of the nice things about this part of the country is that EVERYTHING is cheap.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      Yeah, so go somewhere else!

WTF, so you hate smoking, WHY do you work in a bar?

Why not go do something else? Why not tend bar at a family joint, like Red Robin or Outback?

If you are an adult, you should have CHOICES...and not smoking is not a choice if the law decrees it.
      Actually the people that smoke are the ones that should go somewhere else. It's not as if not-smoking negatively effects people, it's the smoking that negatively effects people. Also, it's not that easy to choose your job so you take what you can get and it's nice not having to deal with second hand smoke at a place you might already hate working at.
      Last edited by LBJefferies; 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        That's not logic...the owner of the property should have that right. Try that angle...
        Workers also have rights. They can't simply quit their job. They are forced to inhale smoke and some indeed get cancer from secondary smoke. In most places where smoking got banned in public places such as restaurants, owners complained they would loose business. Business indeed went down initially, until more people went to restaurants because food tasted better, especially for non smokers who didn't appreciate previously being subjected to secondary smoke. There are many countries in the world where smoking in public places is verboten. Or smoking in a car where a minor seats.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Lee, I love seeing you in all the political threads, so refreshing for us to be bestowed upon with your worldly knowledge. I yearn for it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Lee, I love seeing you in all the political threads, so refreshing for us to be bestowed upon with your worldly knowledge. I yearn for it regularly.
            Keep being a goat fucker. Will you get a job some day BTW?
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

lol. Never fucked a goat. Yes, I will get a job some day. Not today.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                lol. Never fucked a goat. Yes, I will get a job some day. Not today.
                You should get a goat-fucking job! Two birds, one stoner :p
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  Actually the people that smoke are the ones that should go somewhere else.
                  When the law dictates that EVERYWHERE is off limits, you CAN'T go ANYWHERE else...that is the whole issue!

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Workers also have rights. They can't simply quit their job. They are forced to inhale smoke and some indeed get cancer from secondary smoke.
                  Look...you both just don't get it.

Smokers are people too, see? Those who choose to smoke should be allowed to do so, there are other places that non smokers are given their rights, too.

Like, here is an example. Lets say you are terrified of water. Why would you get a job as a life guard? If you hate the smell of cow shit, don't get a job in a dairy.

It is just that fucking simple.

Smokers have rights too...and tradition is on their side.

Leave it up to the owner. Not the law.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    You should get a goat-fucking job! Two birds, one stoner :p

I could always tend sheep. I did just get a sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      When the law dictates that EVERYWHERE is off limits, you CAN'T go ANYWHERE else...that is the whole issue!
                      But it doesn't, you can still smoke outside and in your own house and tons of other places. You just can't smoke inside of workplaces whether you are an employee or customer.

Comment

On the smoking issue, I like the credo "one person’s freedom to swing a fist ends where another’s nose begins."

I kinda get that it sucks for smokers, but it really is a significant health issue. At least in VA (and I'd imagine most places with those laws), if your establishment has a separate, dedicated area with it's own ventilation system, they can allow that to be a smoking area.

Comment

I hate smoking in public.

But I say fuck it, let them smoke. I honestly think all of the other shit we eat is a much larger cancer issue than second hand smoke. People have always been smoking... so why are cancer rates just going up now? Lets look elsewhere?
                          Originally posted by z31maniac
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                            But it doesn't, you can still smoke outside and in your own house and tons of other places. You just can't smoke inside of workplaces whether you are an employee or customer.
                            Fucking DUH, like I don't know the damn law.

If you don't want to work in a smoking environment, don't work in a bar.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                              People always bitch about their right to smoke.. what about my right to not inhale it in public? The epidemiology supporting public smoking bans is overwhelming and undeniable.

If you want to smoke in your own home, in your own car, or on your personal property, I have absolutley no problem with that. I think that freedom ends once you step into public domain and start forcing others to inhale that cancerous smoke.

I'm so glad Portland banned it last year.

So if you want to stand in the street, and cars can kill you, should they ban driving? Smokers have just as much right to do what they do where they do it as you do. Just move away from it if it bothers you. That's what I do.
                              sigpic
                              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow, this has got very off subject considering it started out as a rant against those in power who have decided how much taxes we get to pay on what. The real issue here is to look ahead, something the R's don't seem to be very good at... Because, you see, the D's have used many one time federally supplied dollars to help us get out of the hole they dug by overspending for many years, and when the next budget cycle comes up, guess what? We're going to be in an even bigger hurtin' mess, and in the likely event the R's take the next election you can damn well bet the D's will absolutely delight in blaming them for the whole thing. Case in point, Obama is STILL blaming W and the stupid R's appear to be vetting Palin for the next run... GRRR!

Comment

Working...
                                X