Help! What SCCA class am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! What SCCA class am I?

I'm trying to register online for my first autocross, and reading the SCCA class guide has done nothing more then confuse me. It looks like I can fit in a bunch of classes.

Here's what I have:

85 325e 4 door
    Bilstein sports
    H&R sports
    The rest of the susepnsion is new, but totally stock
    16x7 wheels
    205/45/16 tires
    LSD (stock)
    Custom cold air intake
    Cat back exhaust
    Aftermarket body kit (BMP)

I believe those are the only items that matter, I think everything else on my car is stock or a replacement part from another e30.

I assume I'd be somewhere in Street Touring, but which one?

Is it possible to put my 14" bottle caps and stock aibox back on and run in Stock G (GS)? Or do my Aftermarket springs take me out of that?

Thanks,

Justin
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

If they are street tires, you will be in STX. Fun class...

Comment

Why not STS? My car seems to fit the rules...
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Springs aren't allowed in stock classes.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Why not STS? My car seems to fit the rules...
          Limited slip diff type. The SCCA really *loves* e30s.

*cough*

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

As long as no one gives you shit about the body kit your squarely in STX.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Yeh I run my 325is in STS
              My Hot air intake put me out of DS into ST
              I might put it back next time.
              The type of LSD goes STS or STX I think
              fluid vs disc type? I think we have 2 disc type?? Can be modified to 3 or 4??
              I think I'm supposed to be in STX but STS is slower class LOL
              Nobody's questioned me yet.
              I just did my last Autox with the novice sticker this Sat.
              [/SIGPIC]--------------------
              '87 325is Delphin Metalic

Comment

Originally posted by rfitz25 View Post
                Yeh I run my 325is in STS
                My Hot air intake put me out of DS into ST
                I might put it back next time.
                The type of LSD goes STS or STX I think
                fluid vs disc type? I think we have 2 disc type?? Can be modified to 3 or 4??
                I think I'm supposed to be in STX but STS is slower class LOL
                Nobody's questioned me yet.
                I just did my last Autox with the novice sticker this Sat.

Autocrossing is based on honesty not whether you've been caught or not. Or at least it should be...
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I just got this car and have been trying to get it back into shape, what class will I be?

91 318i
                  Bilstein HD's
                  Factory LSD option
                  M3 CAB's
                  Everything else is stock though I will likely have a MarkD chip by the time next season rolls around.
                  1991 318i (RIP) / 1996 Dakota / 2000 2.5RS

Comment

Originally posted by automatic View Post
                    I just got this car and have been trying to get it back into shape, what class will I be?

91 318i
                    Bilstein HD's
                    Factory LSD option
                    M3 CAB's
                    Everything else is stock though I will likely have a MarkD chip by the time next season rolls around.
                    Everything besides the CABs would put you in stock class, I think G-stock is where the m42 cars are still classed, haven't looked in a while. Frankly, it would probably be outclassed anyway, so I doubt people would pay much attention to the CABs.

-Charlie
                    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                    FYYFF

Comment

I run dsp with my 325is i have IE stage 3 race springs, bilstein sports, bmp poly CAB, IE 25mm sway bar front, stock rear sway bar, with 14in weaves on kumho tires

Comment

before the suspension sway i ran d stock with just my IE sway bar and poly CAB

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          Everything besides the CABs would put you in stock class, I think G-stock is where the m42 cars are still classed, haven't looked in a while. Frankly, it would probably be outclassed anyway, so I doubt people would pay much attention to the CABs.

-Charlie

true i would take a hell of a lot more then the M3 CAB's to be competitive with a Cooper S or an RSXS
                          1991 318i (RIP) / 1996 Dakota / 2000 2.5RS

Comment

Josh,

I wasnt trying to cheat damn it!

I showed up, they put me in DS class so I ran DS class.

I made changes, I went to my second event told them what I had changed and they put me in STS class.

I talked to Carl a kick butt senior instructor and asked him what class he though I should be in because I try very hard to be honest (dang it) and Its hard to understand the friggin rules, and he said I should read up on the STS v STX class and the LSD might put me in STX but not to worry about it for now.

So thats what I did. and I ran STS again last Sat.

I'll go try and re read the difference between STS and STX and if I have to I'll switch classes next time.

Wouldnt want to be on top off the podium with Nick Heidfeld, SPEED Vision cameras after I kicked your butt (LOL) and find out I'm in the wrong class after all.
                            [/SIGPIC]--------------------
                            '87 325is Delphin Metalic

Comment

Originally posted by rfitz25 View Post
                              Josh,

I wasnt trying to cheat damn it!

I showed up, they put me in DS class so I ran DS class.

I made changes, I went to my second event told them what I had changed and they put me in STS class.

I talked to Carl a kick butt senior instructor and asked him what class he though I should be in because I try very hard to be honest (dang it) and Its hard to understand the friggin rules, and he said I should read up on the STS v STX class and the LSD might put me in STX but not to worry about it for now.

So thats what I did. and I ran STS again last Sat.

I'll go try and re read the difference between STS and STX and if I have to I'll switch classes next time.

Wouldnt want to be on top off the podium with Nick Heidfeld, SPEED Vision cameras after I kicked your butt (LOL) and find out I'm in the wrong class after all.

Eh, maybe I took that the wrong way. I'm just getting really tired of all the protests in autocrossing.

Comment

Working...
                              X