Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trackday: CMP Nov. 6th (6hours tracktime!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After registration, we ended up with 31 cars at about $175 each. Not bad; and I can't wait til Monday!!
    I'm interested to see how full-interior 325i E30's with SpecE30 underpinnings run against the Spec racecars!

Comment

That would be interesting info to hear :)

Comment

woo hoo, that was awsome, I got to take a lap with Stu. There were some sweet e30s there too.

Comment

What a day. I'm so fucking tired and have a 3hr class in 45 minutes. It ended up being $150 and they even gave us free lunch and all the gatorade we wanted. I got about 3 hours of hot lapping before my Hoosiers were too worn and greasy to do anything but slide. We had a nice E30 turnout, from a 1900pound M10 car to Neuhoff's orange Spec E30. The track stewards blackflagged me and kicked me out for the rest of the day at 3:30. Apparently they don't like drifting during a hot-session. Fortunately, it happened RIGHT after my LR Hoosier was through the cords and down to the belts, so I was finished anyways. Lots of fun, can't wait til Spring.

Graham325--Sorry about the sloppy lap : )

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc View Post
            What a day. I'm so fucking tired and have a 3hr class in 45 minutes. It ended up being $150 and they even gave us free lunch and all the gatorade we wanted. I got about 3 hours of hot lapping before my Hoosiers were too worn and greasy to do anything but slide. We had a nice E30 turnout, from a 1900pound M10 car to Neuhoff's orange Spec E30. The track stewards blackflagged me and kicked me out for the rest of the day at 3:30. Apparently they don't like drifting during a hot-session. Fortunately, it happened RIGHT after my LR Hoosier was through the cords and down to the belts, so I was finished anyways. Lots of fun, can't wait til Spring.

Graham325--Sorry about the sloppy lap : )
            Probably not a good idea to make a habit of getting kicked out of track days. Folks who run these things tend to remember who the "troublemakers" are and can be pretty strict about not allowing them back.

Bret.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
              Probably not a good idea to make a habit of getting kicked out of track days. Folks who run these things tend to remember who the "troublemakers" are and can be pretty strict about not allowing them back.

Bret.
              Indeed.

That IFLYSOLO guy with the Red Audi is persona non grata at events all up and down the East Coast.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Pictures:

Mike Skeen's 318. A LOT of fun to ride with this guy--he really knows how to drive this thing. Gave me a whole new perspective on late-braking!

Bret--I don't expect anything to come of it, plus I won't be doing CMP next year, any funds I can use for trackdays will be directed towards Road Atlanta or VIR. I only have track experience at CMP, and though I like it's variety of corners, I want to experience a track that has quite a bit of rhythm, which as you know--CMP lacks. I will admit that as good a feeling I got from getting a solid hot-lap in, clipping every corner in the right place and maximizing speed--I had the most fun with the rears on fire and skimming the gators with the front tires. Coming through the kink at 100 and watching the gator strips on the left come at you fast is a lot of fun--but subtract 20mph and add a rearend that is sideways--it's more fun! :) And when there are only 2-3 other cars on track (not in sight), I don't see it as much of a problem. But they did--and it's there track, so that's that. I would never intentionally wear a set of R-comps in that manner, but seeing as they were on their way out anyhow--it was worth it!

Comment

graham, what car did you use?
                  173rd ABN

Comment

Graham didn't run, he stopped by the track in the afternoon (since he lives close by). I think he got quite a few rides though.

Comment

This guy used to show up at Philly region autocrosses (unless another non-bumpered blue/silver m10 with borbet's exists).

Was he quick?

Comment

Bill, Mike is very fast. He's only 19-20 but has a LOT of experience and gave me a very exciting ride in his 318. I was amazed at how quickly the car can get around the track--he's WOT for a LOT of the time. Braking zones are very short because of the low power/low weight. Even with rear drums and me in the car as well, he'd come from 100+ out of the kink to 30-40 in what seemed like a fraction of a second!

Comment

What size and brand wheels are those? They look like Team Dynamics.

You should come to Road ATL next year Stu. A lot of bodies run events year round. I'll be there with the BMWCCA for all 3 schools if all goes as planned :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine View Post
                            What size and brand wheels are those? They look like Team Dynamics.

You should come to Road ATL next year Stu. A lot of bodies run events year round. I'll be there with the BMWCCA for all 3 schools if all goes as planned :pimp:
                            ATS DTCs, I believe.

Saw this fellow at a Vintage race @ VIR this summer.
                            Trevor Ely
                            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Erick, I believe they are ATS's like Trevor said. 17x7.5 with 20mm offset if memory serves. He ran a 215 Hankook on them.

Hoping to do Rd. Atlanta next year!!

Comment

Working...
                              X