WTB e30 in eastern ct, southern mass, ri area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB e30 in eastern ct, southern mass, ri area

looking for an e30 not to far from 06259 area code. Has to be close enough for me to seriously take a look at it.
    But really any e30 from 84 on, diving boards or plastic bumpers (but would prefer plastic) 2 or 4 door. Any color, I would ideally like it to be a 5 speed so I don't have to have the expense of swapping out an auto.
    It would be nice if it was fairly solid.
    I could also be interested in a roller, as I would be thinking about an engine swap anyway.
    Budget for a running driving car under $3500
    A roller would depend on what's there.
    Thanks
    Last edited by 89325iturbo; 06-14-2015, 04:48 PM.

Bump

Comment

Up

Comment

I got a buddy with a 91 convertible in stamford CT with an m52 and 5 speed tranny uninstalled for 3k. Car runs but has an automatic m20, slammed on raceland coils. Comes with uninstalled brand new top as well. Text him at 203-969-five-three-nine-three

Comment

Sounds like it could be a good car. I would just be looking for a hard top. Appreciate the offer though.

Comment

I have a 91 318is w/ M50 swap for sale. It's a little over your budget at $4k, but well worth it. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Comment

That is a pretty tight circle to look for an E30... especially in rust country.

My $0.02, open your search up to cars from Virginia south and make an epic road trip out of it. Rust is the thing that you won't beat back. Finding a car that has none/less is a much better plan if you are serious about using it as a platform for future modifications... it is a big waste of money to dump all your work into a car that has lived all its life in New England, only to realize at the end that the rust will always keep it from being as nice as you would have liked. I flew to South Carolina from Boston to find my IX, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

^^ I hear what your saying. It's more time wise I guess. With something close I know I can go look and get back in a couple hours. They need to come up with a teleport machine.

Comment

Not mine. Talked to the owner on the phone. Car sounds really good

Comment

^^^ yeah I saw that one too. Thought about giving a call aswell, but I think it has to many things I don't want. One or two I could work with. But being an auto E model four door, with diving boards is to much.

Comment

im looking get get rid of my car, its an 86 325 4dr, m50 swapped, 5spd. send me a text and ill send you some pics. 2zero3five1zero4seven4six. im in nw ct

Comment

+1 on the rust remarks. I've been looking in this area for a while now (still am) and rarely come across a low rust example. I checked this out the other day:
                        http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5048204909.html Overall, it was pretty but certainly wasn't as nice as the ad makes it look.
                        sold for $5k on Ebay yesterday.

Comment

Yeah I saw that one. Looked clean, out of my price range. Picture do make everything look better.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have a 89 4dr 5spd, i'd be willing to let go. Black 16x,xxx on it, rebiilt cylinder head. It'll need a starter, exhaust from bottom half of the headers and a battery to get running. pm me if interested, i'm in Windsor CT
                              Last edited by mrmckie; 06-02-2015, 11:47 AM.
                              "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
                              1991 318is - the cruiser
                              1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Working...
                              X