Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1988 325i Convertible Zinnoberrot. Seattle area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 325i Convertible Zinnoberrot. Seattle area!

SOLD!!! THANK YOU!!!

Hi guys,

I figured out how to share my photos :) THERE ARE TONS in the link below. Some of which I posted here, but trust me, there are more! I apologize that some of them look a little pink - the camera didn't do so well in strong light. The car is very red just like in the pictures below ;). Keep in mind in some of those photos we have the car packed completely with luggage for the cross country trip. You might notice the rear sagging, but that's because there is a massive amount of weight there - it doesn't actually sag.

The price of the car is $2500 - the car has to go before the end of THIS week. Make me an offer!!

Finally it is time for me to post by loved 1988 e30 zinno convertible. It is very difficult to part with because I recently drove it across the whole country and it never stopped. This is an honest car and you will be buying a well maintained and strong e30. Indeed, the car is from the east coast, but don't worry the car is rust free (minus small surface rust on rear right fender). This is definitely the most solid car I have ever owned. We drove it over 4500 miles within 9 days without having any problems or breaking down ever. She climbed Pike's Peak to about 12300ft after driving for hours prior. At a 25mpg average and 64mph average we crossed the country in no time. If you are looking for a fantastic summer that is as solid as it gets, then you have found it. Car has about 26x,xxx miles on it I would guess, but the odo stopped at 258k. The car is currently my daily driver and spends the night in a gated lot and a guarded lot at work. On the east coast it was both garage kept or covered if outside.

The car has had pretty much all maintenance done at this point:
    • New radiator safety temperature switch -- never overheat in traffic.
    • Brake flush with ATE SL6 performance brake fluid.
    • Oil changes always on time with either Castrol or Valvoline 20w-50 although I find Valvoline is a bit smoother.
    • Relatively new Kumho Solus tires w/ only the cross country trip on them and a little bit of commuting here.
    • Differential fluid flush to clean system prior trip. The differential is a 4.10 LSD.
    • Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, tensioner pulley, cam seal, cam seal outer ring, and thermostat all replaced March.
    • Coolant flush with OEM BMW blue coolant.
    • Replaced distributor rotor.
    • New fuel line to fuel rail.
    • New Bosch fuel filter.
    • New Bosch OEM spark plugs.
    • Relatively new radiator replaced by last owner about a year+ ago.
    • Valve adjustment recently done. Valve cover gasket replaced, but the new one is of awful quality and leaks. I will probably replace this next week with a BMW one or Elring.
    • Front radiator coolant hose replaced.

Goodies.
    • LED modification on the 10 button On Board Computer (OBC). A little dark during the day, but works fine.
    • Fantastic convertible top with no leaks with new OEM front seal on the top.
    • Clean interior
    • Crack free dash!
    • Heated seats!
    • LED license plate lights
    • 10 button OBC! Accurate mileage readings and remaining fuel readings. All works.
    • Strong motor with strong automatic transmission. Pulls off the line like it should, shifts smoothly. Great stability at freeway speeds!
    • New rear strut mounts OEM, but from a newer BMW model for strength. The shocks are OEM and good still, the springs are OEM and also good.
    • New Kicker speakers all around with Pioneer head unit with CD and AUX inputs.
    • OEM Bosch Ellipsoid headlights.
    • Full spare in trunk.
    • Tight steering, perfectly aligned, goes perfectly straight. No shaking or rumbling, well balanced wheels.
    • Shiny paint
    • Air Conditioning is rebuilt and blows nice and cold. Heat is strong with no problems.
    • Full toolkit, jack, tire iron.
    • A TON of extra parts that I collected before the trip in case we broke down. I didn't need any of them. You can have them if you're mechanically inclined, but you won't need them.

Bad-ish.
    • The Driver's doorstop/dampener makes loud popping noises.
    • The Driver's seat is torn up on the left shoulder and right and along the bottom area. I just keep a seat cover on it. You cannot feel that it is damaged. Passenger seat is in good shape, rear seats have stitching that has let go, but it isn't that bad. Everything is still comfortable.
    • There is a bit of surface rust on the rear right fender wall.
    • There are a few dents in the hood, some small stuff on the fender, and under the license plate. Dents are no fun, but you have to look for them.
    • Clear coat is unfortunately peeling in some places from the body. Namely along the top of the passenger rear quarter, along sides of trunk, some on the passenger's door. However, the car is still shiny.
    • There is a hole in the front plastic air dam. This part is cheap and super easy to replace.
    • There is an audible ball joint loose in the front control arm (not sure which side, maybe both). This is not a hard or expensive fix. There is also no effect on the driving of the car at all.

The negatives aren't amazing, I know, but to reiterate, the car is from 1988 and it is difficult to find them perfect. However, this is not a project. It needs TLC here and there, but it will drive you across the country! It draws a lot of attention and there is nothing better than the convertible feel during the warm and cool days. The car is a classic and looks very cool!

I am open to reasonable offers, but keep in mind there is a lot of my money and hard work in this car so don't forget that when making an offer.

Thanks for reading!

Attached Files
    Last edited by hungry4cheese; 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM. Reason: Final Price Drop

Bump? Not a single comment? I'm open to offers!

Comment

New bump for new pictures!! :)

Comment

Glws man. I'm the guy who talked to you about my bronzit e28
        Originally posted by blunttech
        r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
          Glws man. I'm the guy who talked to you about my bronzit e28
          Hey man!! Hope things are going well. I decided to hang on to the e30 until the end of summer because I was too attached haha. But guess now it is time for it to go. Hope I can find a good owner! How's the e28 doing?

Comment

Still for sale bump!

Comment

Price drop bump.

Comment

Final price drop. $2500.

Comment

Sold!!! Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                  X