Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. tough crowd around here. Just was trying to prove a point. The power band is less than ideal in many respects and a certain shift point would be ideal under many circumstances. This car sees track too.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

12/7/15
      Retuned a car GTS car i had already tuned as OBD1 after converting it to OBD2, no other changes. S50, 3.5" MAF, 24lb, Ebay Headers, BW race exhaust.

Retuned a OBD2 S50 swapped E30 M3 that had a TRM off the shelf flash on it. Has some weird aggressive cams in it that were doing some crazy stuff. Didnt make any power though?

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

12/8/15
        Tuned 2 E46 M's.
        First bone stock:

Second 214k, stock intake with aftermarket headers/full exhaust

Progression!

Check Us out on Facebook
        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Tuned a GTS racecar today. Fresh S52 Build, M50 manifold, Headers, Stock cams with timing tweaks, BW race exhaust. 3.5" MAF had to get slapped on at dyno as stock MAF maxed out at ~6500... Stock Injectors. Was running M52 stock tune when it first came in.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

nice S52 #'s Dave ^^^

i gotta get you guys to remotely flash my ECU once i convert to a M50 manifold :up:
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Look forward to it :)

Check Us out on Facebook
              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Few Notable Updates. Retuned an earlier E46 M3 after adding headers
                Pre/Post headers, no tuning changes

After Retuning

Progression: Stock Tune, Tuned, Then Tuned with headers

Also retuned an Alum block M52 E30 after it got headers/a nicer exhaust setup

Check Us out on Facebook
                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with the thoroughness of this tuning.
                  I think you'll have gotten a client out of me for sure.
                  BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

Originally posted by Chapel View Post
                    I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with the thoroughness of this tuning.
                    I think you'll have gotten a client out of me for sure.
                    Thanks! Look forward to working with you. We try to pride ourselves on transparency and backing our work with data vs most of the competition :)

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

hey look, I'm back on r3v again! :P

Comment

1/4/16
                        Retuned a Schrick cammed, M50 manifold, shorty header, AA track pipe, HPDE car. Had 3.5" MAF/24lb injector, Schrick conforti tune on it already as the baseline.

Also fun fact of the day, changed on the dyno from a 3.5" MAF reducer and the stock ASC intake boot (with ASC still in place) to a silicone 3.5" to 3" smooth intake boot. No tuning changes...

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post

Also fun fact of the day, changed on the dyno from a 3.5" MAF reducer and the stock ASC intake boot (with ASC still in place) to a silicone 3.5" to 3" smooth intake boot. No tuning changes...
                          Thats pretty significant! Im not sure what the ASC boot is, but Im guessing its the original rubber one.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-g...ost%2Bboot.jpg
                            Are you saying that the aftermarket part lost 4 HP on the top end?
                            Interesting.

Comment

No, it gained power.
                              E92 Msport

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Thats pretty significant! Im not sure what the ASC boot is, but Im guessing its the original rubber one.
                                ASC is the traction control throttle body system
                                Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

basically there's a SECOND throttle body in front of the main throttle body and the intake boot that goes from the MAF to the ASC Throttle is shorter.

Deleting the ASC throttle body requires a new intake boot.

I'm half tempted to do the ASC delete myself... I have an LSD and snow tires after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X