pic of S52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic of S52

This may sound like a stupid request, but I have my reasons. I've looked thru many pics of swaps and most of them are complete from the top. I was wondering if anyone had a pic of a S52 with OBDI from the intake side without the intake and wire harness and plumbing attached? Thanks in advance.
    My build threads

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1435735

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93896

This?
    Turned down E30 temp gauge sender is in the TB warm up feed.
    m
    Attached Files

Comment

its a start. The funniest thing is that I bought the S52 with OBDI conversion and all the fixings for the swap ready to go. The problem is that I've known M20s my whole life and I have no idea where all the routing of the wires and hoses go. I know what they hook up to, just don't know where they are actually mounted and routed. Ex, the idle control valve, where is that mounted? Things like that, so my thought was if I had a pic, I could just look at where everything is suppose to be! Thanks!
      My build threads

Comment

You're going to need a bunch of s50 and s52 pix if you use that technique.

Have you looked at the diagrams on realOEM?

m

Comment

Here's an OBD 1 converted Intake routing scheme.
          Photo credit to Original author(unkn).

m

FPR...fuel pressure regulator on the firewall end of fuel rail.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm are there supposed to be hard fuel lines like that under the intake manifold? That arrow pointing to the TB saying FPR isn't right. You can see the fpr vac hose on the left coming down from the rail and onto the nipple on the intake manifold.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

That is a manifold that retains the S52 fuel lines/rail.
              FPR will work from there or the vacuum fitting towards the firewall on the M50 manifold.
              I plugged the one labelled FPR, and used the plastic port.

m

Comment

That one that says FPR is for the Evap Can/Solenoid
                Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

heh heh, that looks like one of my many diagrams when I was trying to piece together my S50 from scratch :)
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by 7pilot View Post

m

The one you have labeled FPR I thought was for the Charcoal cannister.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                    $5 shipped?
                    Originally posted by MarkD
                    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Ha ha.. Thanks for the confusion guys! :)Like I said, I think I know where everything connects (think is the appropriate word here), its just that I have no idea how the engine harness is mounted or the cooling lines are mounted to the engine. Ex. does the engine harness go behind the cooling lines and run along the block? stuff like that. Real OEM doesn't show you where they run, its an explosion view. Like the ICV, where does that mount to? So a pic with all the lines connected could just give me an idea of "where" they go. Thanks guys!
                      My build threads

Comment

On the S52, there are metal brackets that the engine harness is attached to.
                        The harness runs along the block/ coolant return tube.
                        I kept the harness sheath on mine and tie wrapped it with extra sheathing, to the metal coolant return tube, which I also retained. I did not reuse the metal guide brackets for the harness.
                        I removed the harness sheathing, and rewrapped with electrical tape, the portion that runs along the fire wall as It would be concealed under the M3 harness cover.

Once you do a couple of mock lay outs of the harness to figure out what goes where, you'll have an idea of how to route it.

m

Comment

Originally posted by 7pilot View Post

m

Bringing up this thread again. I'm facing the same problems too with erratic surge idle. Anyone has the diagram of the hoses? Especially the big hose from the ccv. Much appreciated.
                          sigpic

Comment

Are you sure you don't have a vacuum leak? I had the same issue and had two big leaks: one in the form of a crack in the tube coming out of the iacv and the second due to a bad seal between the manifold and that plastic piece located between the TB and iacv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X