OBD2 S50 up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
    Snap a pictar for me of the pass strut tower with the mount, pretty please?

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
      pictar
      Oh gosh I love this. My diagnostic port looks like shit zip tired to the harness.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
      Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

lol

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I put my OBDI diag. port in the holder on the 318 harness cover. May be harder to do with a 'real' diagnostic port though haha.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Oh and exhaust pictars:

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by rightcoastbias View Post
              Oh gosh I love this. My diagnostic port looks like shit zip tired to the harness.
              Indeed, thanks, Dave!

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
              '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
              '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
              '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

so the advantage is better mpg, better torque?

what exactly is the advantage?

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I'm lazy and just skimmed this cause I wanted to comment...

I've been thinking of putting the s50 from my e30 into my e36 but realized that the crank and block don't have the same pick-up and trigger as the OBD2. I see your trigger wheel is exactly the same as OBD1. Anything special to do there?

I do agree that the Siemens engine management is light years beyond early Bosch. It's just a little easier for some.
                  Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post

See the threads on this.

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                    I'm lazy and just skimmed this cause I wanted to comment...

I've been thinking of putting the s50 from my e30 into my e36 but realized that the crank and block don't have the same pick-up and trigger as the OBD2. I see your trigger wheel is exactly the same as OBD1. Anything special to do there?

I do agree that the Siemens engine management is light years beyond early Bosch. It's just a little easier for some.
                    The Key is the Super Secret OBD2 Euro Crank Sensor :D
                    PN: 12 14 1 703 277

Its designed to run of the front crank pulley just like the OBD1 one (although its a completely different sensor) because as you mentioned, no hole in the block for the regular OBD2 one!

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

So, my question is very simple:

When will there be a good OBD II S50 tune? Running on an M52 tune doesn't *really* count.
                      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post

Mostly diagnostics. No 'guessing' when driveability issues crop up; the DME tells you what is out of spec and you replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                          So, my question is very simple:

When will there be a good OBD II S50 tune? Running on an M52 tune doesn't *really* count.
                          My customers S50 is running on a specific 3L tune on the S52 ECU.
                          Originally posted by evandael View Post
                          Mostly diagnostics. No 'guessing' when driveability issues crop up; the DME tells you what is out of spec and you replace it.
                          + Better fine tuning, real LTFT's, smarter knock detection, etc.

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Customer is bringing car off to paint! Very happy with it!

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Very helpful! Is there a complete part list to doing this OBD1 to OBD2 conversion? I see the crank sensor number, anything super secret on any of the other sensors like knock etc. ? Planing to do this on my turbo m50.

I'll be in the office Dave...
                              sigpic

Comment

Give me/US a shout we can help with a list

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X