No announcement yet.

OBD2 S50 up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you connect the hose from the ccv if I may ask?I'm running on the same set up -S50 with obd 2 and a 52 HEAD.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

We ran full OBD2 CCV system with M50manifold.com adapter setup

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        We ran full OBD2 CCV system with M50manifold.com adapter setup
        Do you have photos of it by any chance? Mine doesn't run on a full adapter set up
        Last edited by superunknown; 11-16-2015, 10:19 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I used an obd1 (two port) intake boot and ran it to one of those holes, and the ICV to the other. IAT is re-threaded and in the M50 manifold.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Well, mine was running fine until I had to send it for a cracked lower timing case replacement. That's when the problem started as the idling was like shit. So I got itchy and found that the ccv hose was connected to the charcoal canister. When I unplugged it, it ran OK but then the idle will drop then go up again like running on high cams. That's the reason why I've been researching but found nothing on it. What I did was I took out the big hose from the ccv and plugged in a small filter yet still it goes on and off like running on high cams.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by superunknown View Post
              Well, mine was running fine until I had to send it for a cracked lower timing case replacement. That's when the problem started as the idling was like shit. So I got itchy and found that the ccv hose was connected to the charcoal canister. When I unplugged it, it ran OK but then the idle will drop then go up again like running on high cams. That's the reason why I've been researching but found nothing on it. What I did was I took out the big hose from the ccv and plugged in a small filter yet still it goes on and off like running on high cams.
              I have no idea if an s50 has a FPR but on my m20 I had the same fluctuating idle problem and it was because one end of the fpr wasn't connected.

And nice swap!! Amazing stuff.
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

So meaning to say check the fpr? Oh yeah one more thing I forgot to mention, everytime when the idle goes crazy, the oil warning light comes on but when you rev it, it's gone. When you leave it to idle, it comes back. So what I do is switch off the engine and crank it up again.
                sigpic

Comment

Anyone has any diagram to where the ccv should be connected without the m50 intake manifold conversion kit? Need help here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I welded an extra tube onto my dipstick tube. I ran the hose down to it and called it a day. Car runs well without any issues. The small vacuum tube is also connected to the ICV piece that goes into the intake.
                    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweet3 View Post
                      I welded an extra tube onto my dipstick tube. I ran the hose down to it and called it a day. Car runs well without any issues. The small vacuum tube is also connected to the ICV piece that goes into the intake.
                      Any other alternative besides to get the tube welded?
                      sigpic

Comment

m50 3.0L stroker hoping to run OBDII question

Hello,

I have some questions, if you could help me clarify some things please.

I just recently finished my Budget 3.0L stroker that I planned on running on my OBDI e36 325i. No longer have that car so I now plan on installing it on my current OBDII e36 328i.

it is running m50 block with no crank position sensor on the block obviously so I bought the Super Secret Euro Crank Position Sensor on the original post.

Not sure how it all works together, I'm hoping its a plug and play but I feel that would just be unreal. will it plug in straight into the OBDII Harness with no modifications?

Worst case scenario I convert the car to run OBDI but I'd much rather run an OBDII setup.

Here are some pics for reference, hopefully it helps understand my question.

^^^^^^Is this where the Super Secret CPS will plug into?

Thank You,

Any input is appreciated.

Comment

Plug OBD2 sensor into OBD2 harness and go! ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            Plug OBD2 sensor into OBD2 harness and go! ;)
                            Thank you for quick reply, life saver!

That's all? I've been wrecking my brain the whole time I was putting the engine together. My brain kept asking what if it does not work like planned. Then brain overload.

So leave these two plugs tucked away somewhere not on the way, and pug in the Secret Sensor to the main harness and good to go?

Thank you thank you!

Comment

m50 Throttle body?

also, I noticed that you are using the m50 throttle body and I was not sure if I would be able to use it on the 328i.

Reason being my m50 came with a Dinan Throttle body and would much rather use it than to sell it.

Any input on this matter?

I guess I could just try it and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X