revshift 24v mounts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revshift 24v mounts not working

Any reason why my S52 wont clear the booster with revshift mounts? I am running a 944 booster and my car is also a RHD touring but I cant seem to find any reason why that would affect it. I have contacted revshift and even sent them pictures and they confirmed everything is mounted correctly but I just get a " We will call you back" and obviously that never happens

Two different worlds of swap headaches since I have a LHD, but I did run into issues with my Revshift mounts for my swap. First was with the iX booster making contact (which they don't disclose anywhere since they were "designed around the porsche booster), and then even with the 944 booster, I had to space up the motor with some washers on the drivers side to clear the booster.

Comment

I have to trim the fins off my inlet mani AND notch the four holes in the firewall to shift the 944 booster over a bit. But then E28 535i green mounts were no different.

Renault Clio may be a better bet.

Spacers...now I probably should have tried that.
      -----------------
      89 M50B28 turbo
      LINKY
      -----------------

Comment

Pony up and buy the akg mounts.
        They are a superior design and fit my ix booster with spacer without any modifications.
        Project
        Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by arch4ngel View Post
          Pony up and buy the akg mounts.
          They are a superior design and fit my ix booster with spacer without any modifications.
          This ^^^^ I had no fitment issues w/ 944 booster , trim a couple of fins. They have been installed for probably 10K+ miles
          My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

yea I have been playing around with it a bit and I seem to be able to use a stock right side mount and space the left up a bit to get it to clear. Im gunna see if they will send me a stock E30 mount and space the other side for now

Comment

+1 on the AKG mounts. I screwed around with the revshift mounts which barely fit right, then one of them broke on me..
              the akg mounts are sooo much better

Comment

Thank GOD I did not go with Revshift... It was in my swap options.. I did go with Condor though... I'll see how it fits when the time comes around. AKG was definitely one of my top options, but... R3v member was selling his Condors so I decided to help the guy out ;)

1990 325i - Current Project
                2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Comment

The E34 525i "hockey puck" mounts worked just fine for my swap and are $15. The Revshift mounts made my engine sit too close to my booster that no amount of trimming the fins would make work.

Also worth noting, I have the AKG swap mounts in my vert and have found them to be too stiff for my tastes at idle.

Comment

I honestly have regretted everything I got from Revshift.

Comment

Revshift products are dangerous and should be boycotted.
                      Coupled with their famously terrible customer service, I'm wondering how they haven't been already.
                      AKG and Condor are far better and safer solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I used the Revshift 24v swap mounts with 944 booster and M50 manifold. Had to shave the fins but barely clears. I could probably slide a piece of paper between the manifold and booster.

Comment

Kingston suggested the AKG ones and they arrived today in the mail. Damn, they are nice and beefy looking! I hesitated on dropping the cash for those but they look like they are totally worth it. I'll report back on fitment with my 944 booster.
                          Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

I have the AKG mounts and they are still holding up after 18 months for hard driving. With the E32 booster and shaved fins, I have probably 1/2" or more of clearance.

Comment

I just ordered the Revshift full kit (motor mounts, trans mounts, and driveshaft conversion). You guys are making me seriously question that purchase....

I also picked up a 944 booster....

Comment

Working...
                              X