revshift 24v mounts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djqd36@gmail.com View Post
    I just ordered the Revshift full kit (motor mounts, trans mounts, and driveshaft conversion). You guys are making me seriously question that purchase....

I also picked up a 944 booster....
    I would cancel the order

Comment

I installed the Revshift subframe bushing kit. I thought I did research into them, I always do for parts. This has me concerned. What's going on with them that cause problems?
      E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

I am curious about this as well. Some forum sponsors actually are really good... others less than good fom my experience. People seem hesitant to elaborate though
        sigpic
        1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

ive had the same experience with my s52. i have an e32 booster and some slotting of the firewall holes. i had to add some washers to the driver side mount and theres barely space with the shaved fins on the im. its pretty annoying that mounts made specifically for 24v swaps don't have good clearance with commonly used brake booster setups. other than that i don't have any complaints with them so far

Comment

I ordered the engine swap mounts and transmission mounts from Revshift. At the same time of sourcing the mounts, I got myself an iX booster and all of the stuff needed with it such as the matching master and remote reservoir. Before putting my motor in, I installed the booster with the spacer attached, which I had to bend my brake lines to fit (no biggie). After the motor went in, I went to attach the intake manifold after shaving off all of the fins in the area that would have clearance issues, and it obviously did not clear the booster. I began scratching my head so I emailed Revshift about it. My reply from them was that the mounts were made around the 944 booster. I also talked to a local shop that deals with revshift mounts, and they said that they end up slotting the firewall and moving the stock booster over to clear the mounts. I didnt like that idea so I bought a 944 booster and got some unbent brake hard lines and installed it. Put the intake manifold back on and WTF IT STILL DOES NOT CLEAR! So now, instead of forking out money to buy the better brand (such as AKG from what I hear), I just spaced the motor up with a few washers on the drivers side.

So much for "Swap" mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by djqd36@gmail.com View Post
              I just ordered the Revshift full kit (motor mounts, trans mounts, and driveshaft conversion). You guys are making me seriously question that purchase....

I also picked up a 944 booster....
              Unless you have the random ass output flange that they made the ZF adapter around, you will have to grind yours to clear the bolts.

Comment

I'll chime in as well... I haven't driven the car much since I'm still working on some fan issues. The redshift mounts went in fairly easily but clearance on the intake and 944 booster I'm using is much less than what i was expecting, even after shaving the plastic fins smooth (the intake is essentially touching the booster). Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet
                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                '95 525iT
                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                '98 Disco 1

Comment

I didn't know they were supposed to fit a 944 booster without modification... haha I wound up slotting the firewall and shaving fins with the revshift mounts and 944 booster. Now there's a thumb's worth of space.

I'm thinking of just replacing them with condor/AKG. Never liked the way they fit. It seems kinda "vague" like I was never sure if they were in the right orientation.
                  '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                  Shadetree30

Comment

How much extra clearance would be gained if you just keep the OBD-II manifold?

Comment

I dropped my S52 in last night on the AKG mounts. I had the mounts tight to the subframe, which was a mistake. After loosening one up it dropped on pretty easily. I'm running the 944 booster and I did a test fit of the intake, stock S52, and it fits perfect. No shaving required, no slotting the firewall and no spacers under the mounts needed. I have an M50 intake too, I'll test fit that tonight and see what the difference is.
                      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Interested to see what your clearance on the m50 manifold is like if you wind up doing a test fit. Now I'm thinking about swapping mounts over the winter. I don't even think I've put 100 miles on my car after the swap. The contact between the booster and manifold isn't causing any issues yet - but I need this thing to be dead-nuts reliable so I can hop in and drive it anywhere without worry.
                        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                        '95 525iT
                        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                          Interested to see what your clearance on the m50 manifold is like if you wind up doing a test fit. Now I'm thinking about swapping mounts over the winter. I don't even think I've put 100 miles on my car after the swap. The contact between the booster and manifold isn't causing any issues yet - but I need this thing to be dead-nuts reliable so I can hop in and drive it anywhere without worry.
                          Yeah, I am hoping to button everything up this weekend. I will try to fit both intakes and snap some pics.
                          Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

So I didn't snap pics but I did a test fit with both the M50 and M52 intake manifolds. Both fit with the 944 booster with zero modifications running the AKG mounts. Its damn close, I may shave a hair off the last fin on the M52 to allow for a little movement and to be safe. But once I bolt it up I don't think I'll need to even do that. Also my sub frame clearance looks good.

Moral of the story, AKG mounts ftw!

Comment

Why has no one besides the OP with a RHD car contacted us to inform us of the clearance issues? If we would have gotten more than one person we would have checked the fitment on our shop E30. Now this is going to happen after reading this thread. The mounts will be adjusted to gain booster clearance and anyone with a set of mounts that has clearance issues can exchange them for the better clearance mounts once they are finished.

We have never had any issues with our suspension bushings. Those of you who are worried about our parts need not be. We warranty all of our parts for life and if something breaks we will send replacements free of charge. If there is an issue with clearance that we did not see while designing the part then we will go back and redesign it immediately. We just need to be informed.

Also, we are the only bushing/mount company here that makes our own parts. We are the only ones that design, machine, weld, and mold our parts under our own roof. If you want to see something else from us let us know. If you want beefier mounts... done! We will make our mounts beefier. If you have clearance issues... done! We will chance the parts to eliminate the issues. We can do that because we do everything ourselves. Just please let us know!

Contact me at sales@revshift.com, 586-510-4042, Instagram @revshift, PM me on here.

Our goal is to make the best parts for your car but we need your feedback to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
                                Why has no one besides the OP with a RHD car contacted us to inform us of the clearance issues? If we would have gotten more than one person we would have checked the fitment on our shop E30.
                                Also, we are the only bushing/mount company here that makes our own parts.
                                Our goal is to make the best parts for your car but we need your feedback to do so.
                                When you were developing your swap motor mounts did you do full product testing with various boosters or you just did a test with E21 booster?

Comment

Working...
                                X