Fuel cutoff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel cutoff.

I'm having my fuel being cutoff at 4K-4.5k randomly and if I turn the ignition off and on it will go to redline ..... what the hell. If it would be the fuel pump, injectors,plugs etc wouldn't it be all the time?

Try swapping relays. Try cleaning your grounds. May be something swimming in your tank clogging your pick up filter. Clean the contacts on the fuel rail wiring harness. All this is cheap and easy.

Comment

That sounds electrical. The redline issue is very odd, never heard of it before. If it's an intermittent problem, it'll be harder to diagnose.

Your best bet is swapping parts from a friends e30 one a time. DME, AFM, throttle body (TPS), CPS, CTS..
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by ahlem View Post
        Try swapping relays. Try cleaning your grounds. May be something swimming in your tank clogging your pick up filter. Clean the contacts on the fuel rail wiring harness. All this is cheap and easy.
        Will do this today. I already checked the fuel rail harness for corrosion. I also am going to change fuel filter too.

Comment

Nothing in your fuel system is going to cause your car to suddenly redline the engine. Dumping excess fuel will just cause the system to run rich. It's an odd problem to have. In fact, I'm not sure how it even has the air to do so if you're not touching the throttle. It's not like it has an electronic throttle body. So that just doesn't make sense.

edit: unless you mean the tach gauge itself is jumping to redline separately from the motor.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            Nothing in your fuel system is going to cause your car to suddenly redline the engine. Dumping excess fuel will just cause the system to run rich. It's an odd problem to have. In fact, I'm not sure how it even has the air to do so if you're not touching the throttle. It's not like it has an electronic throttle body. So that just doesn't make sense.

edit: unless you mean the tach gauge itself is jumping to redline separately from the motor.
            Nope not the gauge. I've done some more test drives... if I don't have the gas pedal at wot..just a tad off it will rev to redline, but definitely lacking in power. Now if I have it at wot from say 2k as soon as I hit 4K nada and the exhaust just keeps popping from the gas. This was on my drive to work. On my way home it drove with zero issues. :dontknow

Comment

TPS and AFM, first guessies....

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Fixed.... bad coil.

Comment

Working...
                X