E30 4 Door Content Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insane E30 View Post
    not thread jacking, but i too have a 4 door silver e30...now mine is rough as a cob, but this should be a good year for the ugly girl...this is just after tucking bumpers...not much else
    good luck man, 4 dr FTW!

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
    looks great! all these e30s with 16" 5s make me want to pull the trigger on a set.. one day lol
    doo it! keep your old ones for the track

Originally posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    nice
    Thanks

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
    M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Kamotors CAI, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
    Bilstein Sports with H&R Race + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1), 3.15 Z3 torsen LSD
    Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
    RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. Decals for Sale!

Comment

Originally posted by egye30 View Post
      I bought them redrilled already, BUT when i picked them up we went and got them from the shop that they were done at in Toronto, Ontario. But A friend of mine runs a metal fabrication shop and he's doing one for me to replace the wheel i ate a curb with :P curious to see how they're gonna turn out
      Too bad the place isn't closer, oh well. They look like they did good work.
      91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

been busy, big update

So ive managed to get myself a mint black interior conversion courtesy of 2 local max members. For those of you who don't know, My car was retrofitted with Subaru forester leathers that matched the color of my ugly beige interior pretty darn good but were ugly as sin and were made for people 5 feet and shorter..

New seats

Also got the matching door cards, a minty dash to replace my cracked one, and a glove box to replace my broken one (not pictured)

Also, Things didn't go as planned, so we ended up using a 413 Red Label and converting to OBD1.

Front and rear strut bars and some brand new goodies i scored cheap locally

A brand new set of smoked depo signals

And since the steering rack from my donor E36 was shot, I had to pick up this guy courtesy of a local vendor

Top (plain stock e30 rack), Bottom (04' 330ci e46 steering rack 3.0 lock to lock, 13:1 ratio. (which is actually faster than the e46 m3 rack which is around 14.5:1 iirc)

oh and..

Here are some progress pics

Last edited by egye30; 03-08-2014, 03:29 PM. Reason: fix pic links

M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Kamotors CAI, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
        Bilstein Sports with H&R Race + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1), 3.15 Z3 torsen LSD

Comment

Crappy Front OEM Suspension all out

Old open 3.73 vs New custom built 3.73 with 40% locking

Old flywheel vs 14 lb flywheel

OEM Clutch and PP vs Stage II Clutch and Sachs PP

Brake booster modified

e34 oil pan

OEM vs Not so OEM

Clutch install

Getting there..

Ready to be dropped in

Last edited by egye30; 03-08-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Back from the dead update!

This has been a long over due update, but as you know, life happens. I do apologize for the delay.
            So the car spent pretty much all of summer 2012 in the original shop, getting the rest of this work done, as well as attempt to wire up the swap to run.

But after many failed attempts to get the swap running I was forced to tow the car home, and look for another shop to complete the swap

After doing some research I found a very reputable show in the Greater Toronto Area called Stance Factory, run by 2 fellow BMW enthusiasts Mike (ZiMMie) and Jay (Mystikal). After seeing the quality of work that comes out of there and hearing what their customers have to say about them, it was an easy decision to make. So I immediately contacted Jay and explained my situation and had my car towed out to them shortly after that.

After arrival and inspection they informed me that it was much more than a wire up and start like the previous mechanic had led me to believe, and that everything was a mess so it would be much easier to rip everything out and do it all over properly. And sure enough after 2 short weeks vs the ~6 months it spent at the other shop, I received a perfectly running and properly OBD1 converted M52 E30 sedan at pretty much the start of fall 2012.

Also put on a bunch of goodies I managed to acquire over that period of time, like a euro M-tech 2 steering wheel, Euro bumper trims (marker deletes), a RyanG splitter for my iS lip.

At that point I was just glad to be driving again, so I took it to as many events as I could before putting it away for winter 2012. Here are some of the highlights of that season.

At Uberfest 2012 in Hamilton, Ontario.

Test fitting some Enkei's for fun.

At our annual local E30 gathering/cruise.

At the Maxbimmer Fall cruise

and at Tuner Invasion 2012, my E30 placed 2nd place BMW that day.

Moar fall pics

And all cozy in "storage"

shoes off

Comment

Back from the dead update pt 2!

Refinished the E38 style 5's to a silver finish.

Sold the style 5's and rocked stock weaves for a bit

and continuing on with the euro theme, I got some Hella euro smilies, euro plate filler, and euro grills.

Got a little bit of body work done to clean up the over all look of the body, and hold me over until I save up for a nice proper paint job.

At TedFest 2013

Also managed to score a set of 5x120 BBS RS211 locally 16x8 all around, which were soon rebuilt with 4x100 redrilled faces, gold bolts and original lip and cap polish.

Pretty much how it sits today

At Tuner Invasion 2013 (Finished 2nd place BMW)

How it literally sits today lol.. spring in canada be like..

Sorry about the crap load of pics, but that's pretty much what I've been up to for the past 2 years since I last posted ;)

Comment

Shots of my car at our local maXbimmer Spring cruise last Saturday.

Comment

I love it on the rs's!

:up:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Wow...it got even better!
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      I love it on the rs's!

:up:
                      Thanks man ;) they were my "dream wheels" for the car since day one, if you couldn't tell by my attempt to somewhat replicate them with the E38 style 5s :p so the first opportunity I was given to build a set I went for it and I'm certainly glad I did. It'll definitely be hard to convince me to change them out for something else that's for sure.

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                      Wow...it got even better!
                      Haha Thanks man :) It's still a work in progress, always will be. But that's the compromise we make to own E30's lol

Comment

Great pictures. I like the progression.

Comment

Originally posted by JimAlameda View Post
                          Great pictures. I like the progression.
                          Thank you! glad you enjoy it. I think its really neat to be able to look back at pictures of the car in all its different stages of the build sometimes.

Comment

Whats the lip/barrel combo and offset on the RS's?
                            WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
                            MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

Barrels are 5.5", faces 0.5", lips are 2" = 8" wide, measured the offset its 30 so you need a small spacer to clear the front brakes atleast. Going to go with 3" wide lips sometime soon which will drop my rear offset to something like +18

Comment

The rs's are perfect for your car. Never been a big silver fan before, but your car looks so good!
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                                '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                                '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X