Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aguedae30 View Post
    Truly awesome! you got skills!
    by the way,which are those black wheels ? steelies?
    Thanks a lot !! My driving improved a lot from last year, on the vid its mostly the short track and only 3 run on the fast track, sadly its the only one I got as my co-pilot changed haha.
    And to answer your question yes they are steelies. They're old F-150 steel wheel (I think) which we cut out the middle and weld a 1/8'' plate with the good bolt pattern and bore. They are really ugly as we can see all the weld, but they are rock solid and they didn't cost me a lot.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=319393

Comment

This is awesome! I just read all the way through this thread. Keep up the good work
      Check started threads for stuff for sale!

Current:
      '86 325es---5.0 Work in progress
      2002 is300

Comment

2 weeks ago I went to a rainy drift night at icar !!! But we had a lot of fun as the track became dry a the middle of the session.

At the end, we were doing crazy 15 close car trains and this happened (You can see some e36 paint on the door hahaha)

Last two weeks I was really busy at work, now I have a couple of parts needing to be installed next weeks (Miller PSIK, 19lbs injectors, bosh spark plugs, clutch cylinder cause mine is leaking).
        I'll keep you updated after the next event :)
        Last edited by alexlandro; 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Two weeks ago we went to driftpark at ICAR. Had a lot of fun doing tandems with my friends. I was really giving a good show that night, riding the wall every run. Awesome night:

Here's a video from my friend's S12 following me and Dave's E36:
          Alexandre LandrevilleDavid Lord PerreaultAlexandre Papi Lepine

Now I'm preparing the car for Maple leaf bash at the end of the month, the biggest grassroots drift event around here !!! If anyone of you guys are not far from Montreal you should come by at St-Eustache sept 27-28 I assure you it's worth it ! Here's the link : http://www.mapleleafbash.com/
          Last edited by alexlandro; 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Time for an update ! It's been a month since maple leaf bash and this year was a total blast. Amazing weather and near 150 drivers. Saturday went perfect except when I completly blew my d/s center bearing in the evening. So sunday I took some ride I my friend's car and enjoy the show. Here's a couple of shots from MLB 2K14:

This was my last event of the summer, after that I knew the next step was to go bigger power, so I took a decision that will surely not please everyone here but was the best bang for bucks I could have around here, I bought a complete S14 Sr20 swap

The plan is s15 injector, z32 maf, nistune remap and dyno. Looking for around 250-260whp at 16-18 psi.
            I took the M20 out last week and sold it the day after.

Since I have no garage for this winter all the work will happen next spring. I'm also gonna do an angle kit using stock modified knuckles, E46 control arms, adjustable lollipops to correct caster and longer tie rods. Also going to do adjustable rear control arms (IE posi-lock) and ST adjustable rear sway bar. Should not be really long as it's a pretty straitforward swap.
            Last edited by alexlandro; 03-12-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Sr20 e30 coming soon?
              Originally posted by dvck
              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                Sr20 e30 coming soon?
                yes sir !! as I said it will be done after this winter as I don't have a place to work on it properly till then

Comment

Awesome thread! Looks like a ton of fun!

Sub'd for more
                  Harp

Comment

Oh man i cant wait to see it
                    I wanna do a 1JZ swap on mine
                    Originally posted by dvck
                    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I personally don't care about the whole "non-bmw engine swap" thing that most purists get butthurt about... but I don't see the point of swapping a SR in (or any "super jdm" engines either).

Granted, it's been a little while since I've been in the nissan game, but almost every SR I've seen that wasn't rebuilt (i.e. was plopped straight into a car from the junkyard) has ended up being mega unreliable. Parts can also sometimes be difficult to come by (for super jdm engines). Besides, compared to a 6 cylinder their torque bands aren't gonna be as good (important for teh driftos)

If you absolutely have to do a super jdm drifto engine swap why not spring for a 1/2J? Just compare the number of blown up JZ engines you know of vs the number of blown up SRs... very disproportionate I imagine

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                        I personally don't care about the whole "non-bmw engine swap" thing that most purists get butthurt about... but I don't see the point of swapping a SR in (or any "super jdm" engines either).

Granted, it's been a little while since I've been in the nissan game, but almost every SR I've seen that wasn't rebuilt (i.e. was plopped straight into a car from the junkyard) has ended up being mega unreliable. Parts can also sometimes be difficult to come by (for super jdm engines). Besides, compared to a 6 cylinder their torque bands aren't gonna be as good (important for teh driftos)

If you absolutely have to do a super jdm drifto engine swap why not spring for a 1/2J? Just compare the number of blown up JZ engines you know of vs the number of blown up SRs... very disproportionate I imagine
                        1/2Jzs swap here are much more expensive than sr20, mainly because of the transmission. Here in Qc, I can easily have any sr20 parts cheaper than BMW, and for the power band, there's pretty much no lag at all with a stock T28. And for the reliability, for what I've seen here, and for having done a couple of sr20s swap, they are really reliable when you keep stock interns and don't go crazy on boost.

Comment

Maybe things are different in Canadaland, (i.e. not sure if SRs came in any of your cars) but almost everything that's been imported to 'Murica has been beaten & abused like a redheaded step-child.

To put things in perspective, one of my friends went to Japan a few years ago. He was telling me how there's pretty much two different kinds of junkyards there; the ones that drift car rental places get their stuff from (which yes, holy shit you can apparently rent drift cars at tracks in Japanland) and the junkyards the rental places send their shit motors to. Pretty much noone touches the beaten & abused engines found the latter junkyard and most of them end up being exported to 'Murica or wherever.

Not saying that yours is definitely gonna explode or anything, just that most of them do. Besides, if you're not gonna touch/go cray cray with the boost why bother with the effort of going through an engine swap just for an extra 30-50whp? It'd be easier/more cost efficient to turbo the m20. Regardless, best of luck bro
                          Last edited by jalopi; 11-05-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, and as you said most of there engine are a bit beat up. But with the experience I have with those engines they are really good. Plus when I say no crazy boost, I say 17-18 psi with stock t28, wich will be more a 100whp ungrade than 50.
                            For what you say about japanese rental drift cars, he probably talk about powervehicules. From what I've heard its you buy the car, and they buy it back when you're done for less money, depending on the dents etc.. Its a really cool thing for outsiders that want to drift in japan.
                            I hope I'll have better luck than what youve told. And it cost me less than turbo my 200k old beatup m20.
                            Not to mention it's a light weight swap, car balance will be close to 50/50 wich is a big factor and its one of the most underrated things in drift car built.
                            Last edited by alexlandro; 11-19-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

It's been a long time since the last update as I still have no garage to begin the swap. However, I Took off front and rear suspension while storing it se here are the mods.

For the front suspension I began with an inspection of each component. Than I want with the custom angle kit. Basically It's modified and reenforced knuckles, custom, longer and adjustable outer tie rod to accommodate e46 control arms, and adjustable lollipops to play with caster/wheel position. Thanks to a local shop Koncept Motorsport for the fab work:

Will test on the car soon. For the rear it was pretty simple, IE posi-lock adjusters and reeinforce trailing arm. I'm currently changing my rear diff. ratio to 4.10 to accommodate the SR20.

I also got a great on a AEM V1 standalone from a civic. We'll just redo the wiring with honda end connectors. Combine with Greddy boost controler, all autometer gage, 3 bar MAP sensor (thank god no more maf), 550cc injectors, fat aluminium rad/intercooler and I'm nearly set for the swap. If i'm lucky I'll have the garage at the begenning of march.

Comment

Brought the car on his feet last weekend. While testing the angle kit I figured I'll need some high misalignment rod end as these ones don't reach enough angle. Also, I'm really happy with the rear camber, as it's near zero camber and I still have adjustment, so it's perfect. Wider front track give me good clearance and fit in the stock fenders. Here's a couple of shots (don't look at the alignment I haven't done anything yet):

In a meantime I wanted to slip some shot of a new project I've been woking on. Although not e30 reliated, I think some of you guys will like it. It's a Datsun 210 1981 (B310 gen). It's not finished yet as It miss fender flares, fiberglass jdm bumpers and front spoiler, but it gives you a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X