92 318i Cabrio vs 05 Dodge Ram.. I lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    It doesn't matter that he shouldn't have had to. Avoiding collisions altogether should be the goal. The guy turning left is clearly at fault but the car is still wrecked regardless. Oh and looking for pedestrians on the corner ? I usually do that when I get there and stop/slow down.
    it gets old, maybe if people got hit more often they wouldn't pull out in front of people and cut others off and be so careless. If that was me my neck would be in a brace until I got into my insurance paid for e30 m3.

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Don't know too much about how it works in the US, but down here the Ram guy is at fault for failure to give way to oncoming traffic, no questions asked.
    Its the same, glad you agree with me then. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      He's in a cabrio guys. Some chicks were checking him out as he was pulling out from the exit, he was looking back at them. Maybe a kissy-face and a wink were exchanged, then BAM! I can't blame him.
      Hhahaha oh no I hope my insurance doesn't see this!

I actually did try to stop though, you can tell I stepped on the brakes around where that white fire hydrant is. Pretty much right when he drove into my lane. The camera makes the street seem really long but it's not, and my light was green so I had no reason to stop at the light to make a turn. People in this area tend to run into the street without looking. Still no word from my insurance.. If I don't hear back by end of the day tomorrow I'll be pissed.

RIP 02/25/15
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
        Find all your receipts, itemize every part you out in to it. That's all a loss, and insurance pays for that. Find anything that shows how much time you've put into it. Time is money man, get your worth!
        This. There's a limit to how much they can reimburse, but I would still get everything together will receipts showing how much you've spent on the car.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I've found about $6k in receipts so far, still looking. Any insurance adjusters here on r3v that can help?

RIP 02/25/15

Comment

damn... Sorry for the loss. Hope everything works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the concern, hope so too.

Finished finding receipts, $9,498.89 not including items paid with cash. Paid cash for JL 1000/1, Alpine F450, e36 donor, and IS splitter. Receipts range from 07/13-11/14.

Am I supposed to add in the cost of labor? If so, what kind of rate would I use? I did everything myself except for the audio.

RIP 02/25/15

Comment

if you get $9,400 id be happy that said you wont
                1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Yeah seriously doubt I will, but hoping it will leverage things more my way.

How do you like your 335i? I'm on the fence between a 335i manual and an s600 v12tt. Cobb, VTT, fueling, etc. about $7k. ABC, ECU/TCU tune about $7k. Really wish the BMW autos could be built to hold more power like the merc's. Getting tired of shifting.

RIP 02/25/15

Comment

I'd add it up a few ways and show them the largest number first and let them talk you down to something reasonable to everyone. You probably won't get reimbursed for wear items and labor, but if some of those wear items are upgraded over stock versions you could potentially get paid for them.

Comment

Sorry for your loss :( Biggest fear while driving the M3
                      '90 Alpine White M3
                      OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
                      EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
                      Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

sorry to hear about your accident OP

my worst fear evar!!!
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Ouch! Pretty shitty but fixable. The rear would've been harder to fix.
                          sigpic

Comment

salvage titles are hard to determine when valuing a car. Right from the get go, most insurance companies automatically will only insure a maximum % of the vehicles value due to it being salvage title. most only do 50%, so if its valued @ say 5k, they'll only so $2500.00

read up on your clause with your insurance company. Do your best to not have them junk it.

Comment

I head AAA only does 60% value for salvaged. A bit relieved, my insurance was able to track down the other guys information. No plates, no policy number, wrong address (PO box), not answering calls. An officer took down his VIN just in case, glad he did!

I think M3 guys usually have some sort of classic car insurance no?

God what a crock of shit! Esurance won't talk to me anymore because I have an injury attorney?? Receptionist asked me to have AAA take a look at the car ASAP so I called esurance and tried to get the AAA policy info so I could call them to check out the vehicle and get a rental through them. Mentioned my attorney asked me to get the information from him and he cut me off. I'm so sick of this insurance... Can't wait til this is all over.
                              Last edited by THEhomelessONE; 03-03-2015, 05:05 PM.

RIP 02/25/15

Comment

lawyer up!
                                88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Working...
                                X