1989 bmw m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 bmw m3

With mixed feelings I have decided to put my M3 up for sale. I've only owned it for 6 months but I am consolidating things in preparation for a career change/move in the near future and I just won't have the time or funds to give this car the attention it deserves. That being said, I'll try to be as detailed as possible:

1989 BMW Zinnoberrot M3

VIN: WBSAK0301K2198100

I believe I am the 3rd owner. It originally came from California and then here to New Mexico so it has no rust. The car has a clean title but was involved in an accident at some point in the previous owner's possession. It was repaired at a BMW facility and all panels retain their original VIN tags except the front bumper. The vehicle sports a recent 2.5L Turner Motorsports stroker kit which I do have receipts for. The owner informed me it had about 1500 miles on it when I purchased it and I have since put about 6k miles on it (odometer doesn't work). He stated that car had a little more than 100k on it when the odometer stopped so it puts it approximately 107kish miles. This seems to fall in place with the vehicle history I ran when I bought it. The car runs great and has good torque and a smooth top end.

Pros:
    -Clean Title
    -2.5L TMS stroker motor with ~8k miles on a complete rebuild including new timing components and clutch
    -Straight body, no rust
    -Runs great, passes emissions, lots of power
    -Supersprint DTM exhaust
    -New NGK plugs, Mobile 1 oil and Redline transmission fluid, new M/C cylinder
    -Aftermarket Evo Lip

Cons:
    - Shaved door handles, nozzles, antennae
    - PO went a little wild with the smoothness. The door handles were done properly; plates were welded in and it looks pretty good. Poppers work great and the lines are nice. The antennae and the nozzles were not done correctly - I would redo them to stock configuration.

- Interior
    -The seats are cracked from the glorious SW sun
    -PO was an audio guy and had TVs installed in the headrests, changer in the rear seat, subs in the trunk as the pictures denote
    -Car was broken into and those items ripped out unfortunately and you can see where they tried to pry into the trunk and damaged the fiberglass in 2 spots
    -Dash has subtle cracks
    -Missing knee bolster
    -Trunk cover had holes cut in it for subs - I do have the spare
    -Crappy tint

- Exterior
    -As aforementioned, the car was broken into. A little damage to the fiberglass trunk in 2 areas
    -Obviously needs a little more body work and a paint job

- Mechanical
    -Has a leak from the transmission. It is the tailshaft seal and/or the selector rod
    -Suspension needs a complete overhaul. It's 100k old and needing attention. Takes the bumps pretty rough.
    -A/C engages but doesn't blow cold

The car runs great and has been nothing but fun since I've had it; it served as daily transportation for 3-4 days out of the week 35 miles round trip with not a single issue. I've priced it at $23k. Call/Text 505-489-6362. Thanks.

Last edited by G FORCE; 04-07-2015, 09:35 AM.
    Gabe
    '91 318is

PO was obviously an idiot.

Comment

Wow... no offence, but did you smack the previous owner in the mouth? :P

I'd love to get my hands on this....

Comment

GLWS oh and I hope you mule kick the PO for what they did.
        Originally posted by csermonet47
        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

I'm sure where all interested, how do you get into the car when all the windows are rolled up?!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Haha. The PO was a nice guy and he did own it since he was 19 so that explains a lot. I'm sure we can all relate to doing things to our cars when we were younger that we later regret. Wouldn't you have loved to have this car at 19 though??? lol.

As far as entry into the car. It has a Viper system with door poppers. Pop the remote and you can open either door or slide back the sunroof. Never do you have to worry about opening the door for your lady, just press #2. ;)
            Gabe
            '91 318is

Comment

Pretty interesting things the PO did. But damn 26k gets you this now. M3 prices are crazy.

Originally posted by blunttech
              Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                Pretty interesting things the PO did. But damn 26k gets you this now. M3 prices are crazy.
                And the scary thing is the price isn't unreasonable...
                Instagram
                sigpic
                Current: 99 M3
                Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

+1^

Comment

Price is somewhat negotiable.
                    Gabe
                    '91 318is

Comment

PO needs to be shot for doing that to the door handles
                      -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                      -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                      Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                      For more updates:)
                      Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Price drop.
                        Gabe
                        '91 318is

Comment

Damn...
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

What in the hell was the guy thinking? Obviously he wasn't.

PM'd...

Comment

Right? Replied, Sir.
                              Gabe
                              '91 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X