No announcement yet.

Professionally Detailed (56k...no)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I noticed you forgot some of the wax on the passenger side door molding. I like the look of the blacked out grill. Suspension would be nice but that takes time and money. I detail cars for extra money while in college and i charge anywhere from 100-250 for a complete detail. A professional shop I worked at years ago would charge $350-$500 for a complete detail and was it impressive. Power washer and an air compressor can do wonders to a car.
    Andy

Comment

Yeah yeah I know
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Power washers can do wonders to hands too... right jonathan, lol.
        Jamie Webster
        '89 325is - sold :(
        '96 Miata - sold
        '01 M5 - sold
        '02 Civic Si

Comment

After seeing your car, I think that I like the basketweaves better without the centercaps in them.
          Your car looks fucking awesome too, by the way. Yours and TJs would look pretty sweet next to eachother.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

how much do you get paid as a detailer?
            ________
            Fix ps3
            Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:24 PM.
            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I think he told me he gets paid $11 an hour.
              Jamie Webster
              '89 325is - sold :(
              '96 Miata - sold
              '01 M5 - sold
              '02 Civic Si

Comment

8.50 hourly plus a set rate for each car that you do daily....so I usually end up making $11-$13 an hour depending on how many cars I do in that week
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

How exactly do you wetsand if you don't mind me asking? And what should it be followed with? That paint came out great. I've done everything down to claybars and still have slight water spots/oxidation on the hood, roof, and trunk.

Comment

Yeah the only way your going to be able to get water spots, which are most likely acid rain, is probably wet sanding...there are many different methods to use. Some people like to use a cup or bucket filled with water, I like to use a spray bottle with water as it tends to keep the water cleaner than a cup or a bucket. Get your sandpaper, 2000-3000 grit is ideal, wet the area to be sanded throroughly and use short strokes going the direction of the panel. Use light pressure, making sure that nothing gets on the sandpaper (you'll be able to feel if something does) and continue until the spot in question in clear. make sure to keep a decent amount of water on the area constantly. Im not too good at explaining things, but thats the best I can do. PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: Dont wetsand if you dont have a rotary buffer, wetsand marks are essentially impossible to get out by hand. If you do have a rotary go with a compounding pad and a medium/heavy cutting compound (I use Megiuars Diamond cut 2.0, highly recommended), next go with a polishing pad and whichever wax/polish you prefer (I mix my own, so go with your personal preference) and then of course, a good ol' swirl remover if needed
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Awesome thanks :) Now just gotta get my hands on a buffer.

Comment

Yeah the only way your going to be able to get water spots, which are most likely acid rain, is probably wet sanding...there are many different methods to use. Some people like to use a cup or bucket filled with water, I like to use a spray bottle with water as it tends to keep the water cleaner than a cup or a bucket. Get your sandpaper, 2000-3000 grit is ideal, wet the area to be sanded throroughly and use short strokes going the direction of the panel. Use light pressure, making sure that nothing gets on the sandpaper (you'll be able to feel if something does) and continue until the spot in question in clear. make sure to keep a decent amount of water on the area constantly. Im not too good at explaining things, but thats the best I can do. PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: Dont wetsand if you dont have a rotary buffer, wetsand marks are essentially impossible to get out by hand. If you do have a rotary go with a compounding pad and a medium/heavy cutting compound (I use Megiuars Diamond cut 2.0, highly recommended), next go with a polishing pad and whichever wax/polish you prefer (I mix my own, so go with your personal preference) and then of course, a good ol' swirl remover if needed
                        Excellent advice. I have been detailing cars for the past 5 years while in HS and now finishing up my undergraduate. Working on your own is the best way to go but that is just my opinion. I like being my own boss and meeting new people in a variety of different fields. Plus it looks great on a resume and I net a minimum of $20 an hour.
                        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                          Awesome thanks :) Now just gotta get my hands on a buffer.
                          Be careful...learn how to use it or you can do more harm than good. Best of luck and again if you have any questions feel free to PM me. BTW, one of the best rotary buffers on the market is made by porter cable...i believe the model number is 7428 aor 7248 or something along those lines
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                          X