Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The steering wheel thread

So what wheel do you have installed?

This may be more on point for those moving away from the airbag wheel in track cars... but could be for anyone.

Did you use an extension collar? Quick release? What dia wheel? Easy swap or machined?

pictures are great if you have them.

OEM BMW Nardi Blackline 365mm (??)

Put into a airbag car (non track use though)

uses the standard Nardi hub for the BMW e30 only, no quick release, extension installed...

In a airbag car I found both on a MOMO wheel and this wheel that I had to use 2 spacers from a non airbag e30 found behind the steering wheel on the column. It is #4 in this link : http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...47&hg=32&fg=30

You will have to put one on the column before the steering wheel then another on the column after the steering wheel is on. Then top it off with the washer and lock nut to mount steering wheel. I tried using washers but they made a lot of noise when turning the wheel.
    Last edited by atomic; 03-12-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

BMW M-Technic II. Not exactly sure on the size, but it's the smaller one. I repainted the center section with SEM ColorCoat, because when I got it, it was really faded and grey, made the whole thing look bad. The leather isn't in perfect shape, but there's no tears or anything. I'm thinking about having it professionally redone, with ///M colored stitching like the E46 M3 has, it would also match my shift/ebrake boots.

My car wasn't an airbag car, but this thread could still be cool to show off everyone's steering wheels.

Last edited by Jand3rson; 02-26-2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

*Moved to INTERIOR*

Comment

Momo MonteCarlo 320mm iirc. No quick release yet

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nothing special here, It's the regular M-Tech 1 wheel. Would like to find a Z1 wheel one day.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I'll have to unpack mine to get a shot of it up here shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                Nothing special here, It's the regular M-Tech 1 wheel. Would like to find a Z1 wheel one day.

Looks fuckin' BALLER with the Motorsport roundel, though. I've thought about doing one of those with my M-Tech II.

Comment

awesome thread... for reference the stock wheels are 385mm?

Comment

Damn bwanac has the same avatar Josh does ...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                      Damn bwanac has the same avatar Josh does ...
                      or does Josh have the same avatar i do?

Comment

Momo Monte Carlo 350mm & NRG Quick Release.

Comment

BBS, Unknown everything else. I don't even know the size. Thinking of one of them thar new fangled NRG releases. What's the verdict on em?

Comment

I had a Momo Competition, but I moved back to M-tech 1. The Momo was too small, blocked off the gauges, and didn't add much to the driving characteristics of the car.

The M-tech 1 is a bit close to the stalks because the 318 used to have the airbag, but it's only been a problem one time at the auto-x. I suppose you just get used to it.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Nardi Classic 360mm. Love the wheel. I had it mounted to a Momo/Sparco hub.
                              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X