THIS`says a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS`says a lot

As briefly as possible; Went to the Wal-Mart Vision Ctr tonight, my eyeglass prescription was too old to get new shades. The lady working there (in the quasi-medical field) says, after checking out my vision coverage on my insurance, "Hey, I heard O'bama just passed a law that we're all gonna have to buy health insurance... have you heard about it?...I can't afford that!"

Do these people live under rocks? I asked her of she voted in the last election, she didn't want to answer.

I'm afraid we're doomed.

Sadly, not everyone can be 100% up to date with the current Political situations or decisions made. I heard a lot of people have lives and quite a few really don't care.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

^ lol this is true

Comment

Well... you were at Wal-Mart...
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
          Sadly, not everyone can be 100% up to date with the current Political situations or decisions made. I heard a lot of people have lives and quite a few really don't care.
          Quite honestly I don't blame them. Politics usually just ends up pissing me off and making me depressed. I WISH I could just ignore it.

Comment

Pretty much, h0lmes. That's what polarization and a lack of simple understanding will do to a bunch of people.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
              Pretty much, h0lmes. That's what polarization and a lack of simple understanding will do to a bunch of people.
              Regardless of what you believe, it's frustrating to come to the realization that a lot of politicians appear to be working for their interests, and as individuals there is very little we can effectively do besides read about "bad" news.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

This sub-forum is probably 90% of my political upkeep. The other 10% is yahoo news and walking past the living room when my dad is watching the news and hearing something interesting lol. I just can't stay up to date with anything, sports, TV series, so at least it's not JUST politics that i'm not caring about, but I wish I did because I would love to participate when people start talking about it. Ohhh well... maybe some other day haha.
                -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                  Regardless of what you believe, it's frustrating to come to the realization that a lot of politicians appear to be working for their interests, and as individuals there is very little we can effectively do besides read about "bad" news.

Very, very true.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Comment

I wil just keep my head buried in 20 year old BMWs. There is enough bad news there, right?

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

In 1822, Thomas Jefferson wrote to a friend, "Very many and very meritorious were the worthy patriots who assisted in bringing back our government to its republican tack. To preserve it in that will require unremitting vigilance."

"Unremitting Vigilance"...well said Mr. Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
                        In 1822, Thomas Jefferson wrote to a friend, "Very many and very meritorious were the worthy patriots who assisted in bringing back our government to its republican tack. To preserve it in that will require unremitting vigilance."

"Unremitting Vigilance"...well said Mr. Jefferson.
                        Yeah...so many old quotes are so out of context even with careful intentions.

The 'definition" of "republican" then was far more like todays Democrat or Indy.

Shit changed big time after Lincoln, about 1850.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Yeah...so many old quotes are so out of context even with careful intentions.

The 'definition" of "republican" then was far more like todays Democrat or Indy.

Shit changed big time after Lincoln, about 1850.
                          Well yeah that is true to a point, In the old days, the R's were for a small limited government, but sadly that has all changed now, and no matter the party affiliation the goal is to a grow ever greater, more intrusive govt.

when you look at it through the binoculars of a modern public school education is good enough, all that happened in the past and has nothing to do with our modern world. Yeah that's how it appears on the out set.

But what is meant in that quote has nothing to do with R's and D's, red and blue states, or what our media has perverted the common meaning of the words into since the early 20th century.

But a republican style of governance, or a representative democracy, where the people democratically elect representatives to make laws and policy for us.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Well yeah that is true to a point, In the old days, the R's were for a small limited government, but sadly that has all changed now, and no matter the party affiliation the goal is to a grow ever greater, more intrusive govt.

when you look at it through the binoculars of a modern public school education is good enough, all that happened in the past and has nothing to do with our modern world. Yeah that's how it appears on the out set.

But what is meant in that quote has nothing to do with R's and D's, red and blue states, or what our media has perverted the common meaning of the words into since the early 20th century.

But a republican style of governance, or a representative democracy, where the people democratically elect representatives to make laws and policy for us.
                            That is the #1 reason I don't vote, nor do I allow myself to be pigeonholed into a "blue or red" category.

I guess it is like this: I am all for a large government, but not for an intrusive government. I feel taxation is too low in this country, especially for the top .5%, the guys who have billions of dollars and make hundreds of millions each year...I think they need to give up about 1/4 of what they have.

I feel paying even 15% income tax is unfair to anyone making under $25,000 a year.

I feel if you sell products in this country you should be taxed here (like China or India should be paying all our bills!) and ALL offshore shelters should be stopped in their tracks, 100% eliminated...but that is kind of "intrusive" isn't it?

I feel an adult should be able to make up their own mind about wearing a seatbelt, or hanging out with other adults who all choose together to smoke in a public place.

I also feel ALL cars and truck should have annual safety inspections, with suspension, brakes and steering being the utmost priority..but that is kind of intrusive too, right?

I suppose I feel we should be able to do as we please as long as it hurts no one else if we fuck up.

Drinking and driving? No.

No seatbelt? WTF, it is ME who can die from this, right?

200MPH on city streets? hell no, you aren't that good a driver and neither is your car.

200MPH in the middle of (hell, pick a western state and half the south) washington? Sure, if you AND your car can pass the high speed transit licence, have fun.

Weed, Sure. Buy it in a state run store. Get a hooker there, too!

Crack, heroin, opium, cocaine, Extacy, whatever, hell no. Murder is out, too.

THAT is why I will never vote, that is why I will never be ANY political party, that is why I feel people will never be free.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              That is the #1 reason I don't vote, nor do I allow myself to be pigeonholed into a "blue or red" category.

I guess it is like this: I am all for a large government, but not for an intrusive government. I feel taxation is too low in this country, especially for the top .5%, the guys who have billions of dollars and make hundreds of millions each year...I think they need to give up about 1/4 of what they have.

I feel paying even 15% income tax is unfair to anyone making under $25,000 a year.

I feel if you sell products in this country you should be taxed here (like China or India should be paying all our bills!) and ALL offshore shelters should be stopped in their tracks, 100% eliminated...but that is kind of "intrusive" isn't it?

I feel an adult should be able to make up their own mind about wearing a seatbelt, or hanging out with other adults who all choose together to smoke in a public place.

I also feel ALL cars and truck should have annual safety inspections, with suspension, brakes and steering being the utmost priority..but that is kind of intrusive too, right?

I suppose I feel we should be able to do as we please as long as it hurts no one else if we fuck up.

Drinking and driving? No.

No seatbelt? WTF, it is ME who can die from this, right?

200MPH on city streets? hell no, you aren't that good a driver and neither is your car.

200MPH in the middle of (hell, pick a western state and half the south) washington? Sure, if you AND your car can pass the high speed transit licence, have fun.

Weed, Sure. Buy it in a state run store. Get a hooker there, too!

Crack, heroin, opium, cocaine, Extacy, whatever, hell no. Murder is out, too.

THAT is why I will never vote, that is why I will never be ANY political party, that is why I feel people will never be free.
                              Holy shit Luke... lol I couldn't agree more. I tried to find one thing in that rant that I didn't agree with, but couldn't. Ok well, I'd tax the top .5% at 50% if there has to be something.

At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, Luke for POTUS.
                              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                              -----------------------------------------
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled