Seeking a little local reassurance and/or guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
    Thanks! Depressurize the system by pulling the fuse when the motor is running?
    That would work, but what I've always done is pull the fuel pump relay and crank the car over a few times.

You'll need a flathead screwdriver for the clips and some oil for the o-rings if they are dry (they install easily when lubricated with a slight coat of oil).

You car has Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection. It is very sensitive to vacuum leaks. check for hardened hoses and replace as necessary. A factory service manual is available somewhere, I'll try to find the link.
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Save the manuals!

Thanks in advance for the manual!

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
      That would work, but what I've always done is pull the fuel pump relay and crank the car over a few times.

You'll need a flathead screwdriver for the clips and some oil for the o-rings if they are dry (they install easily when lubricated with a slight coat of oil).

You car has Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection. It is very sensitive to vacuum leaks. check for hardened hoses and replace as necessary. A factory service manual is available somewhere, I'll try to find the link.

Comment

the basic rule of thumb is cars need maintenance. Older cars need more maintenance because most of the time their owners don't keep up. A cheap car to buy doesn't mean a cheap car to own.

You can save a ton of money by doing the work yourself. There is a guy on this forum who sells rebuilt injectors. They are like $15/ea. The point of owning an e30 is the incredible data base you have at your fingertips to DIY. So buy a socket set and learn how to do this yourself.

Fuel injectors aren't hard to replace at all. Pull the fuel pump relay and run the car until it dies, then crank it again until it won't start. There will still be a bit of fuel in the line so keep a cut down water bottle and a bunch of paper towels handy. Replace your crumbly fuel lines while you're at it and feel great knowing you accomplished this yourself!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          the basic rule of thumb is cars need maintenance. Older cars need more maintenance because most of the time their owners don't keep up. A cheap car to buy doesn't mean a cheap car to own.

You can save a ton of money by doing the work yourself. There is a guy on this forum who sells rebuilt injectors. They are like $15/ea. The point of owning an e30 is the incredible data base you have at your fingertips to DIY. So buy a socket set and learn how to do this yourself.

Fuel injectors aren't hard to replace at all. Pull the fuel pump relay and run the car until it dies, then crank it again until it won't start. There will still be a bit of fuel in the line so keep a cut down water bottle and a bunch of paper towels handy. Replace your crumbly fuel lines while you're at it and feel great knowing you accomplished this yourself!

I bought my M3 twice lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Ha, there was a thread for a while discussing about the risk of adding up receipts.. in the end, don't. Ever.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Here we go

http://web.archive.org/web/200801050...oschindex.html

also

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/ljetronic.htm

Also, you can just google "Bosch L-Jetronic" and find help that way. L-Jet had a few different iterations and was used by a lot of different European manufacturers.
              Originally posted by 5Toes
              bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                Here we go

also

HPSI Motorsports is an industry leading manufacturer specializing high quality silicone hose kits for engine performance and longevity.

Also, you can just google "Bosch L-Jetronic" and find help that way. L-Jet had a few different iterations and was used by a lot of different European manufacturers.

Props!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  I have a rebuilt m10 head I would let go of for $120. Has all new valve guides, valve job, rocker arms, etc. Very nice
                  Do want.

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Coincidentally, I have a customer in need of a cheap M10B18 EFI motor...

Hey, OP, let's make this happen!
                  I've got a M10b18 using L jet with bad rings sitting around. Also have a K jet M10 but you probably don't want that. HMU.

Comment

Working...
                  X