Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clemson Vs Alabama Pt 2 (college football)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clemson Vs Alabama Pt 2 (college football)

Anyone else excited for the national championship game tomorrow? Should be an awesome rematch but I think Clemson pulls this one out!

Need to hash out a side bet with Agent...

Predictions?
    Last edited by Zacm829; 01-08-2017, 08:10 PM.
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

You know I am!

Loser buys dinner Friday night at Hot Springs in May? ;D

RTR!
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nope. College football is a joke anymore. Its always Alabama every year. They can go into a season with 1 returning playing and still be ranked #1 while some how teams who lost 1-2 players and have a better team don't rank as high? You'll have teams with zero loses through year and Alabama will have 1-2 and still some how they are ranked higher when they lost to a team ranked under them. I've turned my attention to the NFL cause at least teams have a fighting chance. You can have a team that gets hot at the end of the year run through to the super bowl and win it all not get shut out cause of some BS rankings and dumb ass bowl games. Them are another thing I hate. With this new play off system where 3 games count thats it. What the hell is the point of all these stupid ass pointless bowl games? I mean really might as well get a ribbon that says i participated. Then people get pissy when players decide they rather not risk injury in a stupid bowl game and sit it out so they can go in the draft without any doubts. Just stupid.

End rant

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The point is to make money so schools can remove more student parking, learning space and other educational facilities so they can install more football stuff. More football stuff means more revenue and probably more donations.

Glad some of you guys can enjoy it but the numerous downsides and increasing professionalisim make it really difficult for me to get it to college football anymore. You might have gone to schools that won once in a while too, so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          College football is a joke anymore. Its always Alabama every year. They can go into a season with 1 returning playing and still be ranked #1 while some how teams who lost 1-2 players and have a better team don't rank as high? You'll have teams with zero loses through year and Alabama will have 1-2 and still some how they are ranked higher when they lost to a team ranked under them.
          So you think the two teams with the best record should play each other, regardless of schedule strength, quality of opponent, etc.?

This year that would mean Western Michigan vs Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            The point is to make money so schools can remove more student parking, learning space and other educational facilities so they can install more football stuff. More football stuff means more revenue and probably more donations.

Glad some of you guys can enjoy it but the numerous downsides and increasing professionalisim make it really difficult for me to get it to college football anymore. You might have gone to schools that won once in a while too, so there's that.
            A simple "no" would have sufficed...

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              So you think the two teams with the best record should play each other, regardless of schedule strength, quality of opponent, etc.?

This year that would mean Western Michigan vs Alabama.

No i think the top 8 teams should play for the final game kind of like nfl. Strength of schedule does need to play a roll cause Any top 25 team can go undefeated if they play nothing but teams like western Kentucky, and we would have a Norte dame Alabama repeat. Do you not feel like college football has gone down hill? Media puts Alabama at 1 and winning it all before it even starts. I'm willing to bet that no more then 2-3 weeks after the game Monday. That they will already be talking about Alabama being number one for next season and winning it all. I guess the unknown factor has been lost really just cause its so automatic. Maybe next year will be different since Michigan should be settled in and ready to beat up on people. Im personally an Oregon ducks fan. I cant stand Nebraska and I live here haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                You know I am!

Loser buys dinner Friday night at Hot Springs in May? ;D

RTR!
                You are on! Go tigers

I could see an 8 team playoff, but these teams are already pretty beat up at this point in the season. Alabama has just been a dominant force for a while. Winning championships bring recruits who win championships. The tide is starting to turn though.

Hoping for just as exciting of a game as last year with a different result.

31-24 Clemson
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

The reason we had Notre Dame Alabama in the first place is in part because of the reasons you cited. Until this year - and maybe last - ND was still standing on nothing more than its reputation as a once-elite program in CFB, despite STILL not joining a conference and not being able to back it up on the field. Finally this year the media stopped verbally fellating them as much as in years past and recognized them as the has-beens they are now (side note: Lou Holtz can eat a bag of dicks).

Same thing happened to Michigan a few years back. Now, as you said, they are back in the conversation because they went and got a coach who could put them there.

That's exactly what Alabama did a decade ago. I lived through the shit years of the program during the mid-90s to mid-00s, when the HC position was a revolving door, winning seasons were scarce and being a Tide fan wasn't something to be proud of. Now with Coach Saban at the helm, the program is back on top and has enjoyed a phenomenal run of winning seasons and championships.

What he's doing/done there is unprecedented and nothing short of astonishing in the modern era. We don't fully realize it now because we're still living in it, but when we look back on this run a decade or two from now and how they just kept reloading year after year and churning out elite talent which filled rosters on Sundays, we'll have a better appreciation of just how special it was.

They get so much attention and they're always in the conversation because they earned it.

Comment

4 team playoff, 8 team playoff, 16 team playoff, you're always going to have the same controversy, who makes it in and who doesn't? I would say that you could make an argument this year that any of the top 6-8 teams could compete in the playoff. It would be the same argument for the top 12 or so if it was an 8 team playoff.

Many of you are overlooking the reality that the bowl game system was set up to bring in money for as many schools as possible. You may not care much for the first 15 bowl games or whatever, but the reality is that the single game played brings in a tremendous ad revenue for each school. Most of those schools rely on the revenue created by the football programs to fund all of their other sports programs. So without football there are no sports at all.

Is it a perfect system? Of course not, but the reality is that there is no perfect system. Anyone that thinks Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the final game clearly didn't watch them absolutely handle Washington in the semifinal. I don't think that Penn State or USC or LSU would have done any better, so despite the unhappiness about the selections for the final four, they weren't wrong, the best two teams ended up in the final, I think that's about all that can be asked for.

That being said, I hope Alabama loses because I think Nick Saban is a smug asshole and I'd be satisfied seeing him walk off the field unhappy for once.

Comment

Go Tigers!

I heard the ticket prices are insane. Could buy several project cars for the price of tix!

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                        Most of those schools rely on the revenue created by the football programs to fund all of their other sports programs. So without football there are no sports at all.
                        True, and good point.

...the best two teams ended up in the final, I think that's about all that can be asked for.
                        Yep; for the second year in a row.

That being said, I hope Alabama loses because I think Nick Saban is a smug asshole and I'd be satisfied seeing him walk off the field unhappy for once.
                        I can understand wanting to see Bama lose, though I don't think "smug" applies.

Comment

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
                          I heard the ticket prices are insane. Could buy several project cars for the price of tix!

...and that's for nosebleed.

Comment

Ticket prices were worse for the NBA finals and world series. The row of seats along the cubs dug out in game seven was 20 grand a seat. Nebraska did something similar when they had Tom coughlan as head coach and then got a streak of terrible and still are terrible. I personally feel like this year should of Michigan and Clemson. Also the whole bowl game arugment goes both ways. Who gives a damn about the school making revenue when your making players go out there and play in a pointless game but to pad pockets and get injured and ruin careers. Ditch all the bowl games except for tonight's game and then do an 8 team play off. Take the 6 best teams from the power conference and for the final two teams have a selection committee that is driven by the people to chose who fills the final two spots kind of like wild card weekend. I just feel like college football has lost the element of surprise anymore.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I thought this was a spam thread lol
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X