Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing IAC with key off

Hey guys how's it going?
    I'm in the middle of my S52 swap and I am encountering an issue.
    With the key out of the ignition my IAC is on and buzzing for some reason.
    If I unplug the engine harness from the body harness it still continues to buzz.
    So I figured its not anything to do with my harness connection.
    If i unplug the ECU its stops buzzing obviously. Same thing if I unplug the main harness relay.

If i turn the key ON the buzzing stops but my tacho starts fluctuating a little, and the speakers crackle.

Any one have any idea on what I could possibly test to get me going in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated.

Bump, anyone?

Comment

You ever figured your issue out? I'm running into the same issues with my s52 swap

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
      '95 BMW e34 525i
      '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
      '92 Range Rover Classic
      '90 Range Rover Classic
      '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
      '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
      '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
      '67 Pontiac LeMans
      '24 Model T Depot Hack
      ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

I've seen swap harness built wrong, incorrect pinout. Your IAC is getting constant instead of ignition. Should be an easy fix, just verify you have constant at your IAC and if so, switch it over to ignition source.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
          I've seen swap harness built wrong, incorrect pinout. Your IAC is getting constant instead of ignition. Should be an easy fix, just verify you have constant at your IAC and if so, switch it over to ignition source.
          Is "ignition" different than "constant"? The power lead going to the ICV is red/white which to my understanding is switched power- or not constant. The ICV only runs when the car is turned "ON" regardless of cranking.

I also looked into my stock e30m20 and the ICV acts the same way, turns on when key is turned to "ON" regardless of cranking.

I'm open to criticism, as I might be wrong about the red/white wires.
          555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
          '95 BMW e34 525i
          '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
          '92 Range Rover Classic
          '90 Range Rover Classic
          '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
          '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
          '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
          '67 Pontiac LeMans
          '24 Model T Depot Hack
          ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Did you ever solve this problem? Having a similar issue and my dme/main relay have both checked ok.

Comment

I am in the end of my swap and my s52 with OBD! harness is having the same issue ICV is buzzing with key ignition off but turns off when ignition is on, but it should be reversed.

Also some reason my DME is not grounding out my main relay and my fuel relay. BRN/ GRN wire

Comment

I think I had a grounded wire somewhere. The harness ended up smoking and I had to replace it with another one. After replacing it it worked fine.

Comment

I think the relay main relay powers the ICV. And it originally got its power for the fusible link. Did you have the wrong relay?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                  X