Timing chain tensioner(non vanos m50)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing chain tensioner(non vanos m50)

Can someone point me in the right direction to some part numbers or something. I've noticed there are two different kinds of tensioner a for the lower tensioner. Any idea which parts I'll need? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

2006 Subaru WRX
    1987 E30 Royalblau Metallic S52 OBDii
    1982 VW Westfalia 1.5d-gone

Comment

I've seen that diagram, but there is two different versions. Is the non vanos only 94?

Comment

"BMW redesigned the tensioner in later years of the E36 and offers an upgraded tensioner that can be used in place of the older one on 325/328 six-cylinder models. Thus, replacing the chain tensioner, which is a very easy process, typically solves the problem of the noisy chain."

From http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...er-Upgrade.htm

2006 Subaru WRX
        1987 E30 Royalblau Metallic S52 OBDii
        1982 VW Westfalia 1.5d-gone

Comment

IIRC you use the s50 part for M50/M50tu and the s52 for m52. I think.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Thanks so much guys

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
              IIRC you use the s50 part for M50/M50tu and the s52 for m52. I think.
              I used S54 tensioner for my S52 and the 24v e30's M52 and a prior m50

they are all interchangeable and the same price; buy whichever one you like
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
              X