Condor Swap Mount Positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condor Swap Mount Positioning

I am trying to install an s52 into my E30 but having issues using the condor mounts.

No matter which way I seem to twist them, the passenger side mount arm never sits flush on the mount.

I am using the outer slots like Condor's website says to, and the motor does not appear to be hitting anything anywhere, I checked everywhere that was close with a feeler gauge.

What kind of angle did everyone else have the mounts at when they were installed?

Thanks!
    Thanks,
    Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
    '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
    '89 Zinno IX (sold)
    '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
    '91 WIP (scrapped)
    '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
    '91 iX Sedan

Anyone have any advice? It feels like no one has used these mounts before. I tried the r3v facebook group, emailed Condor, and have heard nothing back from anymore.

Even if you have them on your car now and could snap a quick picture that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to destroy my mounts/motor because all of the force is going on them at a weird angle.
    Thanks,
    Matt

'89 Zinno IX (sold)
    '91 WIP (scrapped)
    '91 iX Sedan

Comment

Here is a picture I saved from when I did the swap. I used condor mounts but this picture as a guide to installing them. motormount4 by Rdreas, on Flickr

Offset bolt down on the subframe, centered bolt towards engine I believe is what i did with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
        Here is a picture I saved from when I did the swap. I used condor mounts but this picture as a guide to installing them. motormount4 by Rdreas, on Flickr

Offset bolt down on the subframe, centered bolt towards engine I believe is what i did with them.
        Thank you so much. I will definitely try that tomorrow.

Right now I have the offset bolt down in the subframe, I figured this was correct because they put their sticker so that it would read correctly with the offset side down. Maybe I shouldn't've though about it that hard though.
        Thanks,
        Matt

'89 Zinno IX (sold)
        '91 WIP (scrapped)
        '91 iX Sedan

Comment

No problem, I know it sucks checking the forums to find out no one answered your question.

Comment

That's how mine looked when I installed them.
            .................................................. ...................sigpic
            .................................................. ............................. ......M50B25 3.1L stroker

Comment

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
              No problem, I know it sucks checking the forums to find out no one answered your question.
              Originally posted by Jib05 View Post

That's how mine looked when I installed them.
              Thanks, you two were right, that was exactly what I was doing wrong. One side still has a tiny bit that doesn't sit flush...but at least 95% of the bushing is flat.

Thanks again!
              Thanks,
              Matt

'89 Zinno IX (sold)
              '91 WIP (scrapped)
              '91 iX Sedan

Comment

Hi Matt,
                We were out on vacation last week. I'm sorry you had some trouble.
                The mounts actually can go in either direction, but we suggest that you install them with the offset bolts pointing downwards into the slotted holes in the subframe. Let me know of you have any more questions.
                Thanks
                Carlos

Comment

Working...
                X