No announcement yet.

m50 swap not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the fuel feed line going to the fpr like an idiot switched it now the fpr is to the return line. But still just endlessly cranks and doesnt start

Comment

Dont know if it helps. But the cam position sensor is 1.347 k ohms and the crank position sensor is .541 k ohms shouldn't they be the same?

Comment

you need to ground the highlighted wire to the passenger side strut tower. Is your fuel rail harness small brown wire grounded in front of the engine?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by goarmy; 07-29-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
          you need to ground the highlighted wire to the passenger side strut tower. Is your fuel rail harness small brown wire grounded in front of the engine?
          Yeah I left that circle wire connected the second wire I put to the power terminal. Yes the ground wire is solid I even took it off to clean the connection just to make sure the bolt wasnt corroded or anything.

Comment

Replaced the cam sensor and the crank sensor, when cranking the pump is trying but ignition cuts. Yesterday I was able to endlessly crank the motor, today it tries but immediately stops

Comment

engine ground strap on?

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                engine ground strap on?

yeah i copied this, went on the driver side frame rail and connected to the mount bolt of the alternator

Comment

Not so sure if that is the best grounding point. There is another ground point on the opposite side of the car. I put my grounding point going from the passenger side engine mount to the grounding point e30 chassis. Probably doesnt make much of a difference though
                  PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

swap where the cam sensor and crank sensor plug in, they look similar.
                    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Finally got fed up and ripped out everything related to the auto harness from the x20 looking connection all the way to the computer (which I didnt have). Cranked the engine, took about 20 second before it kicked and ran. Only problem is the revs were running away, youd start the engine and it would shoot to the redline. Turns out the throttle linkage was screwed in all the way making the throttle plate like 1/3 open. Fixed the plate to be where it should, cranks and idles great now. Thanks for everyones help!

Comment

Working...
                      X