trying to put on harness cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to put on harness cover

I got a wiring harness cover and am having quite a few isssues trying to stuff the harness in. I have an e34 harness and my engine seems to be pretty damn close to the firewall. Any tips or suggestions on how to make this a bit easier? I've trimmed up the harness a bit and I'm about to shave some of the cover off to see if that makes anything easier. Anything helps. Thanks
    If you're not going to do it right, please don't take it out on your car!

You have to trim the harness cover or the fuel rail cover. Also may have to message it around the intake manifold. It's a bitch to get on even with a bunch if shit deleted, patience is your friend here.

Comment

I took the insulation off that removable piece behind where it sits but that didn't really seem to make a difference. I guess tomorrow I'll try shaving the harness cover and see where that gets me. Where exactly does it need to be shaved? Just around the intake?

Comment

And the fuel rail

Comment

Here's a shot of the harness cover on mine:

There are a good amount of chunky wires that can be shortened to make it an easy snap-in, and then just trim the cover at the intake and fuel rail as needed. I would not suggest trimming the fuel rail cover.

Comment

I trimmed out about 30' of excess wire and re-routed a few things.

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Zip tie your wires all together every few inches. Makes it easier to get em in the cover and the cover into place. Other than that i did same as others. Lots of trimming right around bottom of cover where it sits at the manifold. I spent all night initially messing with mine. Then again tweaks for days hahaha.

Comment

Well I don't have any covers on mine. I'm going to cut out the bottom of the cover to give it as much room as I can. Here's a pic of what it looks like. Basically like shit. Haha

Comment

why do people put the C101 outside of the harness cover? it's supposed to go inside, like so:

the "ring" is for the OBD connector.

I didn't really have any trouble fitting an E34 harness in the cover. I'm using it on an M20 but you still have to trim it near the intake manifold and yeah, it's a bitch to snap into place.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                  X