Stock RTABs Vs. Eccentric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock RTABs Vs. Eccentric

I'm getting ready to work on the rear suspension and could use a much needed advice on which type of RTABs I should use.

This is the set-up of my 86 eta:
    Front:
    - H&R sport springs with Sport billies.
    - Upgraded 20mm sawybar
    - e30 M3 control arm bushings

Rear:
    - H&R sport springs with Sport billies.
    - Stock 12mm sawybar (due to budget constraints)
    - Stock subframe mounting bushings

I'm not thinking of tracking or X-crossing the car. Its mostly my Mid spring through early fall DD with weekend country driving.

I'm not exactly sure how much this set-up will lower the car and for what I've gathered, stock RTABs will be fine. What do you guys think?

Also I decided to keep my stock sawybar but I don't know if I'm going to deal with increased understeer or whether if there will be an adverse effect for not upgrading the rear swaybar. I'm also interested on hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks

My 318is

Front:
    - Racing dynamics springs
    - Stock sawybar
    - Stock control arm bushings

Rear:
    - Racing dynamics springs
    - Stock swaybar
    - Stock subframe bushings
    - Stock rtabs

I'm not quite sure what the drop is officially but another forum turned up 1.75"

My alignment specs based on the parts above.
    Front:
    Camber -1.3/-1.3
    Toe -0.06/-0.04

Rear:
    Camber -2.00/-2.06
    Toe 0.07/0.01

I do take my car to the track and wanted more camber up front and less in the rear. Opted for fixed camber plates upfront and went with eccentric tabs in the rear along with poly subframe bushings and rtabs.

I don't have first hand evidence, but I've read that it is more difficult to adjust the eccentric rtabs perfectly because they move in conjunction with each other. In the end you just need to fiddle around with it until you get it right I guess.

Comment

I'd go with the regular RTABs and save the hassle.
      Estoguy
      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
      X