Help Needed: Wiring from Aftermarket to OE Premium Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed: Wiring from Aftermarket to OE Premium Sound

Hey all, I was hoping some of our resident car audio experts could chime in with some advice for me.

The PO upgraded the speakers from stock all around, including adding tweeters up front and these Infinity Kappa speakers place of the stock non-premium deck speakers.

Flash forward to today: one of the back deck speakers is blown, and I came across a pair of OE premium deck speakers for a great price. I've always hated the way the Infinitys looked, so I want to replace them with the premiums (yes I know the sound quality is probably going to be worse) for a more period correct look.

Below are a few pictures of how the speakers are currently hooked up: speaker wire into the + and - terminals into this dongle thing, which is soldered to the speaker connections.

My question is this: how do I hook up the premium rear speakers with this existing wiring? There are two open terminals (1 to the tweeter and 1 to the 5.25" speaker) - is it as easy as positive to one and negative to one? Do i need to solder some new connectors to the speaker wire?

Help would be much appreciated! The more detailed the better, as I'm a bit dim with this stuff

Wiring + Crossover Dongle (?)

Speaker Connection (?)

Premium Terminal 1

Premium Terminal 2

Lowes or home-depot will sell "spade connectors" that will work. For the smaller plugs it's almost impossible to find one that is made to fit, but even the larger ones will clamp on to the speaker terminals - one sided. It's not really recommend to solder to them, and you can either melt the plastic, or the suspended wire going to the coil can de-solder itself.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Lowes or home-depot will sell "spade connectors" that will work. For the smaller plugs it's almost impossible to find one that is made to fit, but even the larger ones will clamp on to the speaker terminals - one sided. It's not really recommend to solder to them, and you can either melt the plastic, or the suspended wire going to the coil can de-solder itself.
      Thanks George. I was able to get them working but will need to splice some extra wire on to the existing wiring... PO left absolutely 0 slack from the current install and its not long enough to reach the positive terminal on the premium speakers

Comment

Working...
      X