unknown damage repair help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown damage repair help

Hello Everyone, Im trying to tackle a big task on the whiteboard. On my somewhat recently acquired 89' 325IS I found some disturbing damage on the passenger side upper floorpan/firewall as pictured below. Said Picture shows some questionable body repair from one of the PO's. I'd just like to get some insight from some of you guys that are familiar with this before I dive into this.

Last edited by E9X_M3; 04-09-2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: pictures

Well then.

That is quite graphic. Are you knowledgeable about this accident and is it a hidden salvage/total collision? Looks like they drifted the control arm to the full borked position.

Comment

Crub: Not even once.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Well then.

That is quite graphic. Are you knowledgeable about this accident and is it a hidden salvage/total collision? Looks like they drifted the control arm to the full borked position.
        Negative, I'm unaware what happened. It's weird because this is the only spot that is damaged in this area. Everything else is straight/ undamaged. Clean title too.

Comment

^Well, the two well versed people above likely hit the nail on the head. Someone was driving this car, stuffed the front end into a curb (Was the valance replaced too?) where the collision was focused on the front right wheel, the force twisted and snapped the lower control arm and forced the wheel into the rear of the front fender well. Also, because of the location of the damage, one could deduce the wheels were turned to the right as the damage didn't stuff the rocker panel. Also, it was enough force to tear the floorpan I'm guessing, so likely above the 20mph mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
            Crub: Not even once.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

If you want to fix that, you'll want to cut a patch piece out of a donor car. Not much else that you can do, really.
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Get hammering... *You may want to peep the seam connecting the floor pan to the firewall... If the sealer split it WILL rust out.. as me how I know..*

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X