Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a S54 itb on M5x head setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackm50 View Post
    is this still on going ? or did this a dead project?
    I finished the design for the adapter. I was never able to find a reliable supplier who could make it for a reasonable cost, and it is too big for my 3D printer.

If anyone knows of someone who can produce this for a reasonable price, please let me know. I'd love to get it working.

Comment

Interest in a S54 itb on M5x head setup?

Originally posted by TSI View Post
      I finished the design for the adapter. I was never able to find a reliable supplier who could make it for a reasonable cost, and it is too big for my 3D printer.

If anyone knows of someone who can produce this for a reasonable price, please let me know. I'd love to get it working.

iirc on jordan's , or someone else's thread , had a friend with a big ass 3d printer/jet inside of a warehouse and had them print themselves they made on a software. Someone here will remember.

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk
      1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

could you email me the design or file with the dimensions id like to try to make the adapter i work near a machinist i can ask for pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by blackm50 View Post
          could you email me the design or file with the dimensions id like to try to make the adapter i work near a machinist i can ask for pricing.
          I had it on an old computer, I'm trying to find it. PM me your email and I'll send if I find it.

Comment

I had it on an old computer, I'm trying to find it. PM me your email and I'll send if I find it.
            Hi, were you able to produce them? I'm would like to get ITBs and would need to fabricate an adapter, I know a place that they laser cut metals and they may be able to produce it.

I will send you a PM with my email.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi, were you able to produce them? I am intrested to buy one.

Sorry for bad english i am from Estonia

Comment

Sorry to everyone who asks, I wasn't able to find the files. I have a friend who could maybe reproduce them, but he'd need to make some money off the design for it to be worth the CAD time.

Comment

Hi everyone! My friend was able to replicate it. It's not been tested on any head or ITB, so the holes are not guaranteed to line up. You can obtain the DWF file here:

Comment

S38 adapter

Hi i have a s38b36 engine but im missing the throttle body. I cant find the throttle body anywhere. Will this adapter make the s54 throttle body fit an s38b36 block? @tsi

Comment

Originally posted by netfast2007@gmail.com View Post
                      Hi i have a s38b36 engine but im missing the throttle body. I cant find the throttle body anywhere. Will this adapter make the s54 throttle body fit an s38b36 block? @tsi
                      No. m/s5x has completely different bore spacing than m/s3x engines.

Comment

bump @tsi if this gets produced , you can count me in on buying one

Comment

Bump

Comment

In case anyone is still interested. I am about a month away from my first s54 itb adapter. I am making small fitment tweaks at the moment. This is part of a complete engine program we are doing with custom cams, cnc race port, valvetrain, pistons and rods. I will making my own thread soon to further document the journey. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Talperian, where did this project end up? From your prior post, it looks like you were able to mount the ITBs with the plenum? Is that correct?

If so, what booster are you running in that pic? Were any modifications to the plenum required?

Comment

Originally posted by the_btet_effect View Post
                                Talperian, where did this project end up? From your prior post, it looks like you were able to mount the ITBs with the plenum? Is that correct?

If so, what booster are you running in that pic? Were any modifications to the plenum required?
                                The project ended up being a success, in multiple ways. From a power perspective, we typically see 20-25whp over the m50 manifold from 5500-8500rpm on stock s52 engines. I've made about 200 adapters to date along with both cable and dbw throttle control kits.

I did not end up installing the itbs in a e30, but there are 5-10 people that have. Zacherle Ketring is the one that I would reach out to, he documented the changes required fairly well. I have a bunch more information and pictures on my instagram acoimunt @rabidracingdev.com

He was able to notch the stock s54 intake manifold and use that. He also upgraded to the e30 specific Karbonius CSL box and didn't have to make any modification from memory.

As far as the booster modifications go, I can't remember what booster he ended up using or how far he he had to offset it, but I'll message him and confirm.

Comment

Working...
                                X