DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
    i need to bother you with this when you finish your a/c. we should have the same setup.
    ha! i thought you had a/c, i just found some e36 lines and i'm waiting for the adapters to come in.

hopefully ill have everything done by next week.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

this should be in the TECH section
      NASA
      BMWCCA member
      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
      1997 M3 sedan
      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
        this should be in the TECH section
        this only applies to 24v swaps.

Comment

on a side note whay are people using for condensors? E30 or E36? Also is there a plug that goes to the E36 compressor on the E30 body harness or should I splice one in from my donor car?

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
            on a side note what are people using for condensers? E30 or E36? Also is there a plug that goes to the E36 compressor on the E30 body harness or should I splice one in from my donor car?
            I am using an e30 condenser because i don't see the need to replace something that isn't broke :) stock e30 plug should connect with e36 compressor.

Some progress from me:

just got my adapters at the office, still waiting for a/c lines to come in.
            Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah it doesnt look like the E36 lines are going to match up with the e30 condensor and dryer. Maybe its R12 stuff and not compatible Any suggestions on how to fix this? E36 condensor will not fit the E30 opening.

Comment

got my a/c lines today!!!!

i bought one used line and ended up buying a brand new line because it would take me forever to find another set and i just can't wait another fucking week without a/c.

Does anyone know how much oil the compressor takes?
                Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

VERY NICE!!!...this needs to be sticky'd !!!
                  Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

I have a question, how in the hell do I install the new dryer?

Comment

If I were you I would return that new a/c line. You have the wrong one.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                        If I were you I would return that new a/c line. You have the wrong one.
                        that will fit, i can bend the a/c line slightly. the fitting is exactly what i need, they don't need to be black like the o/p's.

so i've been doing some reading and once i get the a/c lines crimped i will have to get the system flushed and then get all moisture removed before i can recharge it.

hopefully i can find an a/c shop around here that is open late on friday's otherwise i have till noon tomorrow to get it done over the weekend.

*EDIT* Just noticed from z31maniac

same bend one the high (i think?) pressure line.
                        Last edited by dude8383; 08-14-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I still don't see how that low side line is going to work unless ur routing ur line under the radiator.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

you guys can use your stock e30 lines:

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                              I still don't see how that low side line is going to work unless ur routing ur line under the radiator.
                              I'll get you pics of how it will look. The freakin shop that crimps a/c lines isn't open on the weekends so I'm kinda screwed unless I can find another shop around the area.

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                              you guys can use your stock e30 lines:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79355
                              i have a 318is, the fittings are quite different from the ones that the person used. very nice alternative for the m20 guys though :)

Comment

If you have a 318is... You didn't need to buy any lines. Your low side a/c line should fit the compressor on the 24v swap compressor. Don't see why you bought a new e36 low side line when the routing on the metal part is all wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X