iS Front lip brake ducts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
    The ducts and fogs are part of the front valence, not the lip, part of the actual body. If you created the .SLDPRT and sent it to me I could save it out to .DXF or whatever format your printer uses.
    Haha that's what I meant. I always use valence and lip interchangeably, and it bugs me sometimes.

But anyways, I'd have to get the measurements from somewhere to be able to draw one accurately enough to be printed.

87' is part out

Comment

yeah, you'd need someone local so you can print to scale on paper and check the flange fit and mounting locations. Someone in CA with a late model should step up, we need this! lol.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
      HSAX Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
        yeah, you'd need someone local so you can print to scale on paper and check the flange fit and mounting locations. Someone in CA with a late model should step up, we need this! lol.
        Yeah, I need to go break into my school's machine shop and get access to their laser cutter. Makes things so much easier.

87' is part out

Comment

Originally posted by CRH_E30 View Post
          Seems I have forgotten about this thread. But not the project.

I have been busy with work and keeping the car running, but I have finally managed to start working on this project.

These are prototypes that I printed out while I was in school.

I changed the size of the output hole, fixed the flange to actually fit in the fog light housing (doh!), and decreased the angle for them to actually work.

The fiberglass shop at my work is going to start making a mold off the prototype I gave them, and I actually have funds to start buying material to make these. You should see a finished product very soon :)
          Was this made on a Stratasys machine? We have a FDM 2000, Two Objets and a Zcorp in my dept. at work. I'm a Pro/E CAD-PDM admin. What did you model the duct in?
          1986 BMW 325es
          2006 BMW 325i
          2003 GMC Envoy

Comment

You still making these?
            Paynemw
            1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
            the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
            1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
            X