Lazurblau 325i project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325eturbo View Post
    Looking good on the update. Good job taking your time and throwing paint on stuff as you go. Things like that seat belt red make a big difference when it starts to add up.
    Thanks, I originally intended to repaint the strut housings when I replaced the cartridges but I ended up not removing them all the way. Ill definitely do it next time I change struts.
    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Got a chance this weekend to replace some things while I piece together the 5 speed swap.
      -replaced rear exhaust hangers (old ones were rusty and exhaust was sagging a bit)

-added 7.5mm pads to the rear to help fix clearance issue with uuc sway bar and add a bit of rake. I grinded down the top of the existing spring pads flat and fit the new ones on top. I realize now I could have just bought 15mm pads to replaced the old ones but at the time I didn't know how thick I needed them to be.

Super satisfied with the ride height now. Its exactly the rake I was looking for and it seems to have fixed the rubbing issue I was having with the sway bar.

Hard to tell the difference from previous pics but here is a pic of the stance now.

Also removed the rear mudflaps. Ill try and add more pictures when I get it cleaned up.
      Last edited by TheWipprSnappr; 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Great looking car and I love what you're doing with it. In for updates!
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Sub'd. Cool to see another e30 coming together in the KC area!
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Right on! are you in the midwest facebook gruppe?

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                Right on! are you in the midwest facebook gruppe?
                Yup!
                89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Gave it a bath the other day, here it is all clean. Too bad my phone camera is kinda shitty.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Been awhile since I've posted any updates. Got a small one this week. I swapped out the grey interior from my iX into the i to see how it went with the RECAROs.

Here it is all in with the seats. The pic does a little justice. In reality the greys are quite different and I'm not sure if I really like it. Guess I'll leave it this way for a bit and see if it wears on me.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Had a pretty productive weekend working on the car.

Finally pulled the cluster to replace the broken odo gears.

Super satisfying to watch that odo finally turn over.
                      Also spruced it up with an alpina style tach stripe and silver gauge rings. The rings kind of have a chrome look to them whereas I thought they would look more matte. Not sure how I think it goes with the rest of the interior so I may take them out.

Ive got all the parts for the rx7 bbk conversion, but Im gonna need to do some modification to the dust shields as well as install some new stainless lines. So in the meantime I threw some new brembo pads on because it was in desperate need of some new ones.

Replaced the brake wear sensor and now my cluster and check panel are showing zero check lights! We'll see how long that lasts...

Rotors are pretty rusty but there is no reason to replace them now when I will just be using corrado rotors with the rx7 setup. Mainly just need it to be able to stop for now.

Found some spare time to work on some stuff for my 5mt swap.
                      Poly all the things!

The guy I bought the gearbox from threw in this aftermarket shifter carrier.
                      Hard to tell from the pic but the z3 lever I have in there doesn't have much clearance underneath for a selector rod so I may just have to buy an oem one.

This weekend there was also a Cars & Coffee event in Columbia, MO. Got to see some pretty neat cars surrounded by a sea of Subarus...

My buddy and I out there representing!

Sunday I visited a friends house and saw the car sitting pretty on the hill so I had to grab some shots.

Last edited by TheWipprSnappr; 04-27-2017, 02:46 PM.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

nice thread

Comment

thanks

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Got to work this weekend on prepping some things for the 5 speed swap.

Gave the transmission a nice bath....literally. Since I don't have a pressure washer I had to scrub most of it by hand. Not super clean, but still an improvement.

Before:

After:

Got the shifter fitted to the trans to test the clearance of the aftermarket shift arm. Sure enough, its not going to work with the z3 lever. Oh well, nbd. Also going with the IE Motorsport DSSR. There was enough clearance to test the shifts between 3rd and 4th and everything felt super tight.
                            Video of shifter:

Also swapped the pedals over and installed the master cylinder.
                            For those that don't already know, on an airbag car you don't need to worry about pulling the old pedal box you just need to undo the bolt and clips that hold in the brake pedal and install the pedals with the new bolt.
                            Really not too difficult. I found it easier if I removed the seat and laid down on the floor taking an upside down approach. Overall took about 45 min.

That box hanging down is just the door chime. Im gonna wait to put the lower cover back on.
                            Getting closer! :woowoo:
                            Last edited by TheWipprSnappr; 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Great build! Looking to do a 5 speed swap myself. Did you source everything locally?

Comment

Thanks! Haven't had much time to work on it lately. I sourced the trans, flywheel, and driveshaft locally. Everything else i acquired here and there from parts sites and r3v members.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                                X