Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOAR PICS!!

of gf ;D
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      MOAR PICS!!

of gf ;D

Haha! My wife is a looker. I don't blame you asking for moar.

Comment

Nice find, I've always wanted an IX Manual, have never seen one for sale over here though...

Comment

So lately I've been battling my mechanical fan eating my coolant hoses. The clutch on the fan seems fine and so does the water pump. Initially I thought just replacing the hoses would solve the issue of a pin hole in my coolant hose off the thermostat. This pin hole happened because the fan is hitting the hose and eventually working its way all the way through it.

Well moving forward, I replaced the hoses with nice new silicone hoses from I.E. I'd say about a week after installing these and everything was running smooth I smelt coolant one day after work and also my belts were audibly slipping. So I pulled my car over immediately and check to see why this was happening.

As you can see, the fan once again ate ahold through my hose.

Moving forward I was able to get a replacement for that hose from I.E. again. I replaced the hose and then made the decision to do away with this mechanical fan. In the meantime I made some protection from the fan.

You might say it's ghetto, I say it's necessary till I can get my fan replaced. I've driven the car only in limited fashion lately, but have now got what I need to install an electric fan.

Today I should have progress on that. I'm going to pull both fans out and install a 14" electric fan. It will be setup as a puller fan inside the engine bay and wired directly to the aux fan switch which I've replaced for an 80C-88C switch.

I know there are a lot of write ups for this procedure, but it seemed most simple just using what's already there. My AC doesn't currently work and I'm honestly thinking about getting rid of it, so for now this is hopefully going to be just fine.

If anyone has some advice to give me I'm opened to it, but from what I've read this should be enough.

Comment

This is where I left the car last night. Got the mechanical fan removed, need more day light to remove the aux fan and wire up the new fan.

Comment

Things keep coming off my car. I can't help but remove everything these days. I was just supposed to be removing my mechanical clutch fan, and the aux fan. Turned into, remove and paint the front end. So that's what I'm doing now... Not a really in depth, scrub everything off, sand everything down type of paint job for me this time. I sanded, preped, sprayed high build primer, sanded, sprayed, sanded, sprayed, cleaned, sprayed... Can you imagine a good paint job?

This is where the front end of the car was left.

Priming...

Painting...

This should give you a good idea in color. Air duct wasn't painted yet, so you can see how different the paint is. Excited to get it all together, but I'm realizing I probably should paint and blend the fenders and hood.

Comment

I had the same problem with the same iE hose not fitting close so I cut a little off the end where it connects to the t-stat. Also if your missing the clip that holds the hose to the engine hook plate then that would cause a issue too. (Top left is clip)
                Attached Files
                Build Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                Parts Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

My 1988 e30 325ix - Manual

Haven't posted in a while. Mainly because there hasn't been too much wrong with the car. I wanted to follow up on the punting situation and as well the electric fan conversion (I have some questions about that).

I put the valance against the older paint and noticed the difference was stark. I decided I'd try to tackle some type of blending here as white seemed pretty easy.

Aahhhh I have no idea what I'm doing!

Changing colors...

Color is changed. Turned out fine. Still need to claybar the fender to make it perfect. I'll probably be doing the good as well.

I also bought some new washer fluid hose. It said it was from a Porsche. I liked the color more than my current "clear" hose.

Don't mind the rust, that all got grounded off. The hose is a subtle touch, but I like those types of things.

Front view after it was bolted back up.

Here is the car back together driving. I honestly can only say "better is better" and the single stage paint job looks a lot better than it was before. I hope it holds up.

Now on to drivability these days. With the mechanical fan being pulled out, I have had the opportunity to see how well the electric fan works. So far so good, I only wish a couple of things.

One, my temp gauge in the car has a mind of its own. If I hit the top of the dash while driving I can basically hit it till I get what I'm hoping is the correct temp reading. It makes it hard to really know if it's getting too hot or what.

Two, my electrical fan doesn't seem to be kicking on automatically when it gets to 80C. The wiring I did was as straight forward as I could figure out. What did I do? I replaced the AUX fan temp switch to a lower 80c/89c switch. I cut the resistor off the old AUX fan, pulled out that fan and used the wiring to connect the new electrical fan. I then replaced the unloaded relays, and put in a new 30a fuse on slot #4 to compensate for no relay. This works, but only when I push the snowflake on my dash. So I end up manually turning the fan on when I need it. I wanted to avoid this. I also can't tell if the fan is turning on high or low (my guess is low).

So that's where I am currently. I'm still having fun and learning lots. Between this car and my Audi I have plenty to do.

Comment

Minor improvements. The door bumper barriers were looking a little loose so I got some new clips to help hold the bumper on. New vs old.

Comment

You ever flush your coolant out several times?
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        You ever flush your coolant out several times?

Haha! Yea at least 4 now I swear

Comment

:up:
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Finally after a long time of wanting to clean the carpets in the e30 I got it done yesterday. Amazing how different it looks now. Went from like a grey red to a vibrant red.

Before

After

Just letting them dry now. Soon I'll figure out a way to get my Z3M seats in here.

Comment

You'll love the Z3 M seats. They're the best BMW seat I've personally found yet.
                              My Garage
                              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                                You'll love the Z3 M seats. They're the best BMW seat I've personally found yet.

Do you have them in your e30?

Comment

Working...
                                X