Oil Pump Intermediate Shaft Oil Galley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pump Intermediate Shaft Oil Galley

Im in the middle of a rebuild and I can't remember if there was an oil galley for the inner most bearing of the intermediate shaft.

I know there is a galley on the bigger outer bearing of the intermediate shaft I'm just not sure if there was one on the inner bearing.

Can anyone confirm? I am about to take it back apart just to double check this one bearing..

Thanks!!

the intermediate shaft is hollow, the oil gets to the rear bearing via the front bearing and then down the middle of the shaft AFAIK. my memory is a little sketchy tho
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

YAY :thank you:

that would explain why i don't remember seeing a galley because there wasn't one!

This is my first genuine rebuild and to add to it I have a turbo kit going along with it here is a picture, it not current but you get the idea

Thank you again!!

Comment

ill check later today to confirm 100%
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

so ive confirmed that there is no feed hole from the block to the rear intermediate shaft bearing. the rear bearing is fed through the shaft from the front bearing which has a 5.5mm drilled almost through and a plug in the front. the rear bearing has full 360* groove and a hole but the hole goes nowhere so the bearing doesnt need to be oriented specifically.

on the front bearing you need to align the hole in the bearing with oil feed hole from the block ...

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            so ive confirmed that there is no feed hole from the block to the rear intermediate shaft bearing. the rear bearing is fed through the shaft from the front bearing which has a 5.5mm drilled almost through and a plug in the front. the rear bearing has full 360* groove and a hole but the hole goes nowhere so the bearing doesnt need to be oriented specifically.

on the front bearing you need to align the hole in the bearing with oil feed hole from the block ...
            Awesome thank you very much for the info. its a good stress reliever knowing this. I got the front bearing installed correctly the holes weren't perfectly aligned but it will be good enough.

thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
            X