Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these injectors are right for the M10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of these injectors are right for the M10?

I m gonna clean my injectors some time soon (never been done
    before on my engine even though I have no problems other than
    higher than normal fuel consumption) so I also thought about
    changing them altogether.
    I searched and found this shop called Five O Motorsport.

According to the shop I have these alternatives:
    http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/product-search/?v=22426

None of them match the part number by BMW though.
    For the M10 without a cat the BMW part number is 13 64 1 706 058.
    After researching I found out that this is BOSCH pt# 0 280 150 704.
    So,I am a bit confused.Whats the best option for a stock M10?
    N.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

stock m10 should use stock flow, high impedance injectors. 14.5 lbs/hr. That said, i am running 30lbs/hr on a stock motor reving to 6500.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

You should take a look at my injector thread. Intl shipping for me is +$10 to the prices. Takes a week to get to Canada, not sure about greece.
      CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
      For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Originally posted by a3ternus View Post
        .......Five O Motorsport.
        lol i make stuff for these guys at work.

Comment

High fuel consumption can also be cause by other things. Coolant temp sensor, Oxygen sensor, Heavy right foot (usually my problem).
          85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
            You should take a look at my injector thread. Intl shipping for me is +$10 to the prices. Takes a week to get to Canada, not sure about greece.
            Link please?! I'm on mobile atm. :-(

Hey_you its my right foot as well but I figure new injectors will help!

N.

Sent.by.Blitz.Xperia.Mini.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So,which one of these can I use with the stock ECU unit?

Also if I opt for more than 14.5 lbs/hr will the ECU regulate them
              and use less fuel or not?
              N.

Comment

no. you need 14.5lb/hr if you're using the stock ECU. Ljet blows anyway and won't be able to handle much larger injectors than that.

Comment

I can't upgrade the ECU in any way so its better to stick to stock injectors,right?

Comment

Originally posted by a3ternus View Post
                    I can't upgrade the ECU in any way so its better to stick to stock injectors,right?

you can, but you'd have to sit a long time figuring out the correct ohm value. I suppose you could calculate it, but it really wouldn't be worth it because in the end you'd still have the same amount of fuel, and no adjustability to change the fuel table without changing that same resistor. The resistor adjusts the entire map by affecting pulse width timing or something like that. Basically, L-Jet blows and it's not worth it.

Comment

Resistors do not change timing nor fuel map.

You can use ANY injector as long as its HIGH impedance(10ohm +) and EV1 connector (unless you are using an adapter). Resistors are not needed with high impedance applications.

If you are going over 16lb id say youd run the risk of running rich; though i found that my 318i was running lean. ( i had megasquirt running stock injectors at one point and upgraded to cobra 24#)

Stock is ~14lb just like the m20b25; and yes, you can use these injectors too.

Stock L-Jet is useless when trying to modify stuff, but you can still adjust the AFM to your injectors. If doing this, us a wideband O2 sensor and gauge.

A good starting point would be to get rid of the L-Jet. That system is a big limitation outside of stock-ish applications.
                      ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaGhetto View Post
                        Resistors do not change timing nor fuel map.

You can use ANY injector as long as its HIGH impedance(10ohm +) and EV1 connector (unless you are using an adapter). Resistors are not needed with high impedance applications.

If you are going over 16lb id say youd run the risk of running rich; though i found that my 318i was running lean. ( i had megasquirt running stock injectors at one point and upgraded to cobra 24#)

Stock is ~14lb just like the m20b25; and yes, you can use these injectors too.

Stock L-Jet is useless when trying to modify stuff, but you can still adjust the AFM to your injectors. If doing this, us a wideband O2 sensor and gauge.

A good starting point would be to get rid of the L-Jet. That system is a big limitation outside of stock-ish applications.
                        dude, please know what you're arguing about before you open your mouth. Ljet injector timing is calculated by a resistor. You change this resistor and you change your fuel for the entire map. This would be properly setting the injectors to their size. Ljet can only do so much to adjust for bigger injectors, and it won't affect open loop fuel values. What gives you the idea that ljet ran your car lean on stock injectors? Do you have actual afr values when running it? Because i do. I ran ljet with a wideband for 2 months and the leanest i saw was 14 at wot until open loop came at 3k.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                          dude, please know what you're arguing about before you open your mouth. Ljet injector timing is calculated by a resistor. You change this resistor and you change your fuel for the entire map. This would be properly setting the injectors to their size. Ljet can only do so much to adjust for bigger injectors, and it won't affect open loop fuel values. What gives you the idea that ljet ran your car lean on stock injectors? Do you have actual afr values when running it? Because i do. I ran ljet with a wideband for 2 months and the leanest i saw was 14 at wot until open loop came at 3k.

before we go further, im just putting it out there that i was not arguing.

since you want to directly attack, reread what i stated. the resistor shit is nonsense. if you want to crack open the ljet and solder in some resistors go for it. Since the system runs high impedance, ANY high impedance injector would work. Now that doesnt mean you wont run rich or lean based on which injector size you decide to go with. That should be determined by calculation, and can be somewhat dialed in by the AFM. And no, im not talking huge 24lb injectors. (again reread) WOT and warmup will have no bearing on pwm; now thats when your freakin resistor bull would play in.

When you reread my statement, you will notice i said i had megasquirt. that should tell you something. Also i mentioned something about wideband when trying to mess around with the AFM...

Im not going to comment on your cognitive ability as you did me; for one i was trying to keep it simple for the PO.

I know the Ljet is nothing but resistors, capacitors, etc but nothing digital. Iv read about changing a few things but nothing really definitive. Can you go into detail with the resistor or are you just referring to hear-say?
                          ?

Comment

I can send you a set of 19# for the regular price +$10
                            CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                            For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

Last edited by Jaxx_; 04-30-2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X