Removing injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing injectors

How the hell do I remove the fuel injectors? I got the clips off them but the fuel rail is stuck to them aswell as they are stuck into the manifold. I've tried pulling and I'm getting no where is there a trick to it?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Make sure you have all the 10mm bolts out that hold the rail and injectors to the intake and then just rock it back and forth until the whole assembly pops loose. You can also work one end or the other loose and then work down the line. The entire assembly can be removed quite easily if you remove the valve cover. Inspect the injectors once they are out to make sure the "o" ring and pintle caps are still attached. Otherwise, you have to go fishing in the injector holes for them.
    Last edited by Sean S.; 09-18-2014, 02:24 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Removing injectors

well the manifold is off the car. taking injectors from a spare manifold to get cleaned that way i dont have to tear it apart and leave it apart

Edit: got them. Was easy just but manifold on ground foot on manifold and pulled
      Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 09-18-2014, 04:00 PM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I usually lever them out with a big screwdriver against the valve cover. They are a snug fit.

Comment

Working...
        X