Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low beams only work in High Beam mode

Hi guys,

I have a 91 318is. My low beams only work when I have it in high beam mode for some reason. I had the solid headlights before and I thought it was just the bulbs that were out so I purchased the ellipsoids euro headlights wired everything up and put on some HID's for the low beams and regular H1 halogen bulbs for the high beams. Still the same thing. Foglights work perfectly. No headlights only work in High beam mode.

I have checked the relays K4 and K3 and switch them out with the horn relay to check if they would work. still No go. Could it be my the malfunction switch (high/low beam and turn signal switch) went bad? Any suggestions? Thanks

-Mike S

Did you wire the ellipsoid low beams to the yellow/white wire on left side and yellow/blue wire on right side? Did you also do the relay mods?

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
      Did you wire the ellipsoid low beams to the yellow/white wire on left side and yellow/blue wire on right side? Did you also do the relay mods?
      Yeah. This issue was happening before the headlight mods. My high beams arent working at all. I figure it could be the turn signal switch? Controls the high/low beam as well. Not too sure...

Comment

Hey - did you ever get this solved? I have the same problem with one of my low beams. Works when the highs are on, but not when running just lows. Could it be the ground?
        diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by word is bond View Post
          Hey - did you ever get this solved? I have the same problem with one of my low beams. Works when the highs are on, but not when running just lows. Could it be the ground?
          the low beams are dual filament, probably just burned out the low bem filament, replace the light or swap it with the other side to confirm the problem.
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
            the low beams are dual filament, probably just burned out the low bem filament, replace the light or swap it with the other side to confirm the problem.
            this post talks about ellipsoids, so your^^ statement would be incorrect.

check the wiring/relays/stalk.

Comment

Originally posted by word is bond View Post
              Sounds like you need a new headlight. OP sounds like his HID's are wired to the high-beams.

Comment

Working...
              X