No announcement yet.

Vanos not getting power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your codes again? If you have any sort of vanos/cam sensor related code, it wont even try to fire for the most part

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I pulled the vanos solinoid off and checked it. The spring mechanism was stuck for some reason. I cleaned it off and mad sure their was oil on it and it moved freely. CEL went on again after a few minutes. The vanos was still getting no power. Here are codes:
      [IMG][/IMG]

After clearing the codes. There is no more slop feel between 2500-5000rpms so I think it may be fixed.

Thanks guys!!

However I am sot sure what some of these other codes mean and if the vanos fail may have triggered them. Thoughts?

I imagine I will have to wait for the CEL to go off again and then rescan...

Comment

Fuel trim codes. Typically vac leak related. Bank 2 knock sensor is interesting
        You using obd2 knock sensors?

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Ya OBD2 knock sensors. How do I check/fix a vacuum leak?

Comment

Would a transmission raddle cause a knock sensor to go off?

Comment

Cleared the codes again. Check engine went back on. Feels like it's sluggidh at low rpms. Misfires at lower rpms. Got these codes again:
              [IMG][/IMG]

I think it may be the PCV. I did a m50 manofold conversion. Any ideas on how to fix without removing the manifold?

Comment

Start with knock sensor issue then look at fuel trims... Seems like mega vac leak *assuming that scanner can tell you deviation rich or lean...

Check Us out on Facebook
                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

OK, so...It did have a mega vac leak. The M50 manifold brace was getting stuck on the metal engine wire harness guide on the engine block area so the manifold was not sealing. This is the embarrassing part: when I pulled off the manifold to check everything else underneath I found that knock sensor 2 was completely loose (rattling) and knock sensor 1 was finger tight. Totally forgot to tighten I guess. Rookie mistake! The car is running amazingly right now. Thanks Dave/Markert and everyone else!

Comment

Working...
                  X