patience - Forum Transaction:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

patience - Forum Transaction:

So I'm looking for some advice on my expectations and the situation I'm with buying an item from a forum member. (if this should be in transaction feedback LMK)

Basically there was immediate communication before he got paypal'd the money, he responded that he received the money and that he would ship that day or the next....and then nothing for 9 days.

Recently at work we've been super ramped up on CRM loop closing, so I'm just wondering what this guys window is before I can shit all over his forum rep and chargeback the paypal.

I warned him that I'd do it today but again I'm not convinced its the right thing to do yet. (not to mention I really need the fucking parts he's "got")

Blech.
    ( f ; _ ; )f

What was your agreement on when the parts would go out? I often tell buyers that I won't ship until the money goes from my paypal to my bank account so I can use it for shipping, although that doesn't seem to be the case in your situation.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

well i waited 2.5 months for something. its supposed to be here today, guy kept saying it would go out next day, next day, next day...blah blah blah

if the parts weren't something i NEED i'd trash the seller and throw out all their PM's and empty promises for others to see. but i do need what i have paid for, so i rather get my shit, and just never do buisness with them again.

so if you can get parts elsewhere, file complaint, give seller fair warning you are fileing complaint unless he provides tracking info in X amount of time.

Comment

Why would you wait 2.5 months for something you "need'? That's 100% bullshit, and I would've ruined their rep long ago. Grow a pair and get your money back, although you might be out of time if you paid with paypal.
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

When the money hits my account it goes out the same day OR the day after. I make sure the buyer feels safe with transactions with me.

1-3 days is MORE than enough to ship an item out. But also depends on the item. That is why before I sell something large or heavy, I make sure I have shipping packing handled and ready to go.

I live by "do unto others as you would do to yourself". So I am fast with responses and make sure they are happy.

So post up his username
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
            When the money hits my account it goes out the same day OR the day after. I make sure the buyer feels safe with transactions with me.

1-3 days is MORE than enough to ship an item out. But also depends on the item. That is why before I sell something large or heavy, I make sure I have shipping packing handled and ready to go.

I live by "do unto others as you would do to yourself". So I am fast with responses and make sure they are happy.

So post up his username
            +1, everything in my FS ads are already boxed up and ready to ship so they literally go out the second i get the money. Never had a problem.

Some people on this forum though.... don't even know where to start. I was going to buy a front valance from some guy, and i asked for his paypal so i could send him the money. It's been about 2 months and no reply, even though he has been active on the forum since then.
            -Alex

Comment

It's been more than a week, time to flex a lil muscle. You can start by getting him noticed by putting his name out there but in a gentle way. If that doesn't get attention then f*ck it. Go balls out!

Comment

PM and say that you're about to file mail fraud in 24 hours if you do not have a tracking number.
                He took your money, and has not given you goods as promised in a writing (you kept the PMs i hope?)

this will make even the laziest of people get to the post office and get you a tracking number on your items

also, I don't understand how people have such a hard time figuring out how to sell, ship, communicate, set up paypal etc etc etc.
                If you dont know how to ship something, post something asking...hey guys, I don't know how to ship a valence... can someone tell me what to do.
                or Hey guys, Ive never been to a post office, what can i expect.

its one big community to help people out, but dammit, people have to be willing to ask and not be dumb shits
                I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
                PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
                paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  Why would you wait 2.5 months for something you "need'? That's 100% bullshit, and I would've ruined their rep long ago. Grow a pair and get your money back, although you might be out of time if you paid with paypal.

well its a tricky situation and im not selling anyone out.

Comment

This is exactly why I sell the way I do.
                    My paypal is never given out until I send pictures of exactly what they're asking about. If more than one, all pictured together.
                    With that, I give out my paypal. And proceed from there to put them on one of the many shelves behind me, username with masking tape. Then once I get money, pull. Box. Ship. Done usually in less than 20 minutes from paypal transfer.

I buy parts and want them yesterday. I know others are the same, so I don't fuck around. And just in case there's ever a problem. I keep everything in paypal until well after it's been delivered.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have indeed warned him in PM's/e-mail (which I still have, of course) that I will be shitting on his forum rep and filing a chargeback

Its really curious, I wonder what shipping time is on an item like this across the country?

Been 10 days now since ANY comm. and been 10 days since he said he received payment
                      ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

I'm going to give him a little bit longer for Irene's sake...I'm within the 45 days for Paypal dispute, right? Any gotchas here?
                        ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Working...
                        X